Want to wait 8 months before TTC baby #2

CountryMama14

Reaction score
The problem here is that my husband and I are not a big fan of condoms. Once I get the all clear from my doctor to go back to our sex life I need ideas of other contraceptive ideas to prevent baby #2 from happening too soon. I don't want to take birth control pills or get an IUD. What are some other reliable options?? Thanks :sex:

Could you temp? That's what we do- we use a condom when I know I'm fertile, but I'm sure you could abstain instead. Then on your non-fertile days just go about business as usual.

We could always give the pull out method a go. I'm just crossing my fingers that he actually pulls out like he's supposed to! Lol. It's me that wants to wait 8 months before baby #2. He, on the other hand, is fine with another pregnancy in quick succession. As far as temping goes, I could try it, but when we were TTC baby #1 my temp wasn't consistent enough each month for me to chart it successfully. We just humped like rabbits for 3 months and then BAM! Bfp. Has anyone ever tried spermicidal lubricant? Is it effective?

First off, are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? That will play a huge role in how likely you are to get pregnant within the first 6 months PP. If you're breastfeeding then the pull-out should be enough to keep you from getting pregnant (it worked for us, but we were also using condoms). If you're formula feeding then you might want to get a fertility monitor if you can afford one or learn to track your cycles. When you were temping, did you do it at the same time every day, preferably before you got out of bed in the morning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->