Wanting #2 Already

NotShowing

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have searched the Internet unsuccessfully trying to find out the answer to my question. First let me premise by saying that I am 38 and it took three years for my husband and I to get pregnant with baby #1. We were successful in getting pregnant with #1 by taking Metformin. Got pregnant in the first month of taking it.

We know we want to have a second child and I feel like I really have a short window of time left so we want to get pregnant right away and use the Metformin again. I am not even sure that I've had a period yet or if I was just bleeding from the C-section and all that jazz. From what I read they say that it takes anywhere from 8-10 weeks for normal periods and ovulation to start again. I just gave birth 5 weeks ago.

So my question is, can I start taking the Metformin again and will that give me a period or help me ovulate early in this time that I am unsure of whether I had my period or not? Does anyone know? I am trying to find out when the best time to start taking the Metformin again would be. Am I going to have to wait until I naturally have a period again for it to be effective???

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, please enlighten me. Hoping for "Irish Twins."

Have a great day!

I started taking metformin when ds was 6 weeks old. Not for ttc reasons but it is safe to resume at this point. Also, I would assume you probably haven't had a proper period yet and the metformin could help bring it on.

Hello,

You tend to have bleeding for quite a while after having a baby, even if you have a C section - I think I had it for almost 10 weeks after I had my daughter, but not heavily by the end.

I'm sorry I don't know about the drug you're asking about, but I was told that I needed to wait at least 12 months before TTC again after having a C section

Sorry cos that's not probably what you want to hear :flower: xx

Yes, I totally missed the c-section part. You do have to wait awhile before getting pregnant. Talk to your doctor and find out what they recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->