Wanting another right after the first

AshNAmber

Loving our Baby Boy
Reaction score
So a little back story. My BF is 36 and ill be 34 in 4 days. We wasn't trying for our first little guy but we wasn't preventing either. I ended up getting pregnant and our little boy was born Spet 12. Yep he just a little over a month old. We love him to bits. Because of our ages and the gap between kids in our families our little guy literally has not a single baby to grow or play with. Needless to say he is spoiled completely rotten from both sides of the family. But now we want a sibling. So we think we want to do this sooner rather than later. I wanted us to get married before having another baby. But we know we want to spend our lives together and we have the means for another child. Just doing it so soon. Is it smart?

Has anyone else done this??

I got pregnant with my third when my second was 8 months old. I wanted to be pregnant again almost immediately but we held off a little and I got pregnant first cycle we tried. Not going to lie it's hard work having 2 so close in age especially now they're both toddlers but they also have a lovely bond :) Go for the close gap if it's what you both want :flower:

We definitely want it. I have been trying to research it. I figured the hardest would be having 2 babies i diapers. But hell people have twins and triplets and live to tell the tail lol. The only thing I see was its not good to get pregnant tight away if you have post partum depression. I don't have that at all. I can't get over the happiness my baby boy brings me and the thought of him having a sibling makes me even happier.

I was in active and painful back labour with DS1 and was planning baby #2. Midwife thought I was f**ken nuts! Me on the other hand, was dead serious! :rofl:

There is exactly 12 months between my first and second boys. I guess it was hard at the time but I didn't know any different and definitely don't regret it. They are about to turn 12 and 13 and do absolutely everything together they are like twins I love it.

There's a few things to consider. Getting your body healthy enough to grow another baby. And how you will cope with babies close together. Also, if you are breastfeeding you may not ovulate for a while!

We wanted babies close together but my body won't ovulate until I wean and I didn't want to do that either time till 18 months. So we have 2.5 years gap and will with this child again. For us, it was good that it worked out this way because I cope way better with a larger age gap. So it was a blessing in disguise... but if I were in your position, I wouldn't prevent pregnancy and just see what happens! GL!

I wanted him on BM so bad but I just didn't get enough. They told me to pump or let him latch for at least 20 -30 min every 3 of 4 hours. Yeah ok. I pumped for an hour and got barely an whole ounce between both breast. So I gave in to formula. He had it the first week of life and they said that's most important. So I'm just waiting for AF to start.

We decided we are not going to try but we're not going to prevent so I guess whatever god has planned for us thsts what it will be.

Thank all of you ladies for feed back. I really want them to be closer together.

There are 15 months between my youngest two. I got pregnant when my eldest was 8 months old. I made sure I had lost all my baby weight before trying again and that baby was sleeping through the night first though. It really wasn’t hard when they were both babies it’s much tougher now they are both toddlers (3/4). I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with baby number 3 and I think this will be harder as we are having to do the whole newborn baby thing again after 3 years ������

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->