Wanting some reassurance about hair loss!!

marie73

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Well I'm 3 months PP and my hair loss seems to have increased to a scary level. I've always got thick hair and it became very thick during my pregnancy but the loss now is frightening. My hair is naturally curly so I don't comb it that much as it tends to just frizz so each time I wash it alternate days I end up with a plug hole full of hair. Need some reassuring words as I keep worrying I might end up completely bald!:cry::cry:

Oh my god the hair loss I remember that showers took forever as spent so much time untangling hairs from fingers!! Can't honestly remember when it slowed down but seemed to go on forever perfectly normal now though so there is hope

I'm losing LOTS of hair too. My hairdresser said it's perfectly normal though. When I shower, the water won't drain out of the bath coz my hair has blocked the plug hole!
xx

I'm losing hair too, almost 5 months pp here. I was wondering if it was normal. I was beginning to think I had a vitamin deficiency or illness.

im 3 months pp and mine has started to fall out at an alarming rate too - my hair dresser also said its very normal.

apparantly when your pregnant you dont loose the normal 100 hairs a day and when you get to around 3 months pp it gets rid of all the excess hair

Oh God, I forgot all about this! I genuinely thought I would end up bald. It stopped by about 6 months for me :)

I googled it and it does say your hair loss goes from something like 100-200 daily normally to 400-600 daily I think. Just needed some reassurance from others (I've already been told the same by all my mummy friends) as I'm paranoid!! My hair's one of my best features usually or so everyone says!

I honestly can't tell it ever happened. I still have way too much hair for my head :lol: at the time I thought it was going thin but that was just me' being paranoid I think!

mine stopped at around 6 months, thank the lord it was coming out in handfuls and it's way thinner now

My hair loss increased dramatically at around 3 months PP, it's also when my periods returned so I assume it was a hormonal thing x

i love you ladies ive been petrified all week as i have really long hair and im losing so much i thought a was going to end up with a combover my little boy is going to be 4months nextweek so hopefully nt got 2 much more 2 go otherwise i wont have much left as i didnt have the thickest hair to start with

So reassuring - thanks ladies! Thought I'd end up as bald as the baby! I've been told you get regrowth of new hair so we've all got tufts which will take forever to grow to look forward to! And just noticed the advert for hair loss surgery at the bottom of the page!

Hi! :wave:
I'm going bald too!! Seriously though, LO is almost 4 months old and my hair is still falling out xxxx

I lost a lot of hair and now I have short little hairs around my airline where it is growing back!
Sooo ready for t to get long enough to lay flat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->