Wanting to try sooner?

Kiwi2000

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My first thread here, and just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as me! My husband and I have been married for just over three years and are at the stage we are thinking about kids. We are mid-late twenties. I have endometriosis and my work is very full on (military). Late last year we talked more about timelines and came up with starting to try late this year.

At the time, this worked well for both of us, but with each passing month I am getting more and more keen to just start trying now. There is no reason why we need to wait, we are financially secure and own our home. Both of us are not really worried if I fell pregnant now, but there is just that mental barrier of actively changing from preventing to not preventing.

I'm also concerned as to how my endometriosis is going to impact my fertility. I've had excision surgery and apparently it should be ok but you just don't know.

Anyways, that ended up being a bit of a waffle, thanks for reading!

Hi there

I definitely understand how you feel when it comes to wanting to try now. At the moment my husband and I are waiting until the end of this year too, but for the past few months I've thought about it every single day - I want a baby!

There have been so many people announcing their pregnancy on Facebook and I admit I do get a little annoyed / jealous. For some reason it's even harder when it's a newlywed couple that are getting pregnant straight after getting married and I just wish that could have been us... we've been married nearly 16 months and as you said, I get more keen to try sooner as time passes.

Have you tried talking to your husband? He might be all for it and you needn't have worried? My husband knows I would have a baby yesterday if I could but he's keen to have more time to "have fun" with it being just us two. Only 9 months or so to wait, hopefully all the fun things we have planned will make time go quicker? Who am I kidding haha...

Deep down I know that we have waited to be in the best possible position (in our opinion), we've saved up a good sized baby fund, we've been together 6.5 yrs, we've sold our house and we're going to be buying a family sized home and we are using this year to do lots of awesome fun stuff before we begin to try.

Let me know what happens if you do decide to talk to your husband about it. If not, you can always wait alongside me! :)

Edit: Oops forgot to say - with regards to your endometriosis, you could mention this to your husband and if he doesn't have any other concerns about waiting then this might help him understand why you want to try sooner. I don't know of anything that might impact my fertility but I do wonder just how quickly I will fall pregnant and if I will regret waiting if it does take me a while longer than expected... Good luck!

I know just how you two feel. I'm the same. Me and OH are waiting till the end of this year too, but I just want it to happen now.

We have planned fun stuff this year with a 2 week holiday to Greece in June, and a couple of other weekends away in this country. We had to be super careful end of last year to the start of this one to make sure I didn't get pregnant to make sure I want to far a long to fly and be able to go. But were out of that danger zone now, If I fell now I would be no where near the limit. Although I know going on holiday pregnant isn't ideal

I just want a baby so bad, its becoming the only thing I think about I think it's cause I just turned 27. I feel like I'm doing his head in cause it's all I talk about even though I try not to :haha:

I can totally relate to all of you. Currently, we do not have a set date to start ttc but it will be the end of this year at the very earliest before we start so I will be joining the wait with you all. I also feel like I am constantly surrounded by people who have just had babies or just announced their pregnancy. I'm having a very hard time being patient and I don't really feel like I am fully appreciating our time with just the two of us. I am 27, almost 28, and feel as though my hormones have taken over. The baby fever is real!

While I thankfully do not know of anything that for sure should affect my fertility, I am nervous about how long it will take and the fact that I had a large ovarian cyst a year and a half ago. Kiwi I hope your surgery went well and you have no troubles at all ttc!

Hey kbk:flow:

God I have baby fever so bad too:haha: i never thought the whole body clock thing was true till I got a bit older (im 28 this year too) and I was like damn the whole world is either pregnant or pushing a newborn, just want it to be my turn already.

As impatient as I am(very!) I am also looking forward to our holidays this year to be able to have quality time before a baby. I had thought before I wouldn't be bothered about going away pregnant but I know it would be uncomfortable cause were going peek season and it's gonna be mega hot and I know there are some things OH wants to do while we are there (which I couldn't do pregnant) quad biking, boat trip where you get to jump off the top of the boat, and a couple if nights clubbing as his fave dj is in the country a couple nights when we are there. So I guess I am just going to have to be patient for the end of the year.

I also appreciate my OH wanting to take take this year to do as much as he can cause he is a fair bit younger than me he's 23 soon (although he wants a baby just as bad as I do) so i want him to have time to do his thing, I would hate him to feel that he is missing out cause we have a baby. Which he won't really, cause were are majorly in to cars and every year we travel around the country to car show weekends with his car club he runs and plenty of people take their babies or children so that won't be an issue. We just won't camp we will get a hotel if the baby is still young when the next one comes around after it's born.

This has turned into a long one sorry. It's just nice to find you ladies to talk to. I don't have any female friends, I moved away from home to be down here with him but sadly have drifted away from my old friends. And all our friends are male so that ain't gonna work :dohh::haha:

Hi Jay!

That sounds like a good plan with all of the fun experiences you have lined up for this year before ttc! We are planning a trip to Denver this summer after DH finishes his master's. It is also a trip that I would not want to take while pregnant as we will be hiking a good bit. To distract myself from the baby fever I am trying to focus on things, like the trip, that I could not or would not really want to do while expecting.

I agree that it is nice to have other women to talk to on here! My closest friend moved about 4 hours away. Now, I also find that I hang out more with my husband and his guy friends. I am trying to build some friendships with his friends' SOs but most of them are not at the same point in their lives or their relationships are we are and they are nowhere close to waiting kids.

Aww, I'm glad there are a few of us all in the same boat :) I think we are all very similar in age too - I've literally just turned 28 yesterday.

Jay, I hope you have a great holiday in Greece - are you going mainland or one of the islands? It's a lovely area of the world. We went to Rhodes last year and had amazing weather. Corfu and Crete are lovely too.

We did have it in our minds that we wanted to go on a Central America cruise at the end of the year and were gonna use that time to kick start the baby making, but then I saw a post on here somewhere about Zika virus which I had completely forgotten about so now we are going to stay in Europe and go on a Croatia/Italy/Greece cruise for hubby's 30th birthday in July hopefully. It's just not worth the risk to go and I'm not delaying the waiting any more!

I've moved house twice in the past few years when my husband has needed to for his work and so I'm in a similar position to you guys friend-wise. I have a best friend who is over 300 miles away now and a few friends in a different countries but literally nobody close by! Hopefully that all changes when I get pregnant or have kids and can meet local mums.

I'm up for staying in touch seeing as we are all in similar circumstances :) Who knows we may even end up pregnant at the same time! :p

Wow, it's amazing to hear from so many others in the same boat! :) looks like we are all similar ages/timelines etc! I'm almost 27 too.

Charm23, you are absolutely right, I do just need to sit down with him and have a good discussion about it. I will try do it this weekend coming and will let you know what he says! Fingers crossed he is in the same mindset...

Jay - we are the same here, we have a holiday booked to Hawaii soon to get some quality time together before we have kids. Two weeks in Greece sounds incredible, have you been there before? I've always wanted to go one day.

Kbk - thanks, i think surgery was good overall, so fingers crossed! I fully get what you mean about just being unsure about fertility. Ovarian cysts are not fun, did it resolve on its own? Hope you are all good now :)

I'm definitely keen to stay in touch, I'm also pretty thin on the ground for friends close by!

Lovely to hear from you all :)

Kiwi I'm glad your surgery went well! The ovarian cyst I had was just over 7 cm #-o It was causing torsion and had to be removed surgically but they were able to save that ovary. The last ultrasound they did to check for any new cysts came back clear thankfully.

Hawaii and Greece are on my list of places I want to visit one day. They both seem like awesome destinations for a trip with just the two of you! I hope you both have a great time!

It has been nice hearing from all of you ladies! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"