Wanting to Try...

Wella1990

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new here so I am not 100% sure this is the right place to put this. If not I am sorry.

I have been wanting to try for a baby for a long time now. I am in a serious relationship with my OH. We have been together coming up 3 months but we have a lot of background. We have known each other for years and we are working so much better as a couple than friends. My OH has a year old son that lives with his mother.

We have had the 'talk' and he wants me to come off of the Depo Contraception so we can start trying. I REALLY want too as well. My only issue is we are living so far apart. He lives quite a distance from me and I am looking to move to be with him and things like that but I am getting really upset because I really want to start a family with him but I just feel like I am in a catch 22 situation.

I know this is all a bit over the place but I kind of feeling a bit of mixed emotions about it all.

I suppose I just need someone to talk too really.

Thanks

:(

big hus hun. Its a tough situation. My opinion would be to wait a little bit longer until you are able to live together. It's easier to be a family when you're all under the same roof :)

Aw man, sorry to hear about that! Long distance can be brutal. before my husband and I got married, we were in a long distance relationship for a few years (We went to the same college and he graduated before me and started a grad program out of state). Unfortunately our circumstances made it very difficult for us to move forward, but as soon as I graduated, i packed up out of there and moved to be with him. For me it was important to wait till we were not long distance because of the strain that was putting on us already. I really wanted our first year of marriage to be spent together.

As far as trying for a baby, i guess one thing to think about is how important is it for you to be together proximity-wise? While ttc doesn't mean instant baby, you might want to have the support that comes with him physically being there.
Just curious, how long do you imagine you would have to wait if you were to postpone till you moved? Perhaps in the mean time, if you decide to wait, you can prepare for ttc, like start taking prenatals, figuring out when you ovulate and all that good stuff.

Hope things work out and you're not long distance for long!:flower:

Im sure waiting will be worth it for you, it may not seem that now but you seem very close to trying ASAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->