War gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs R

Reaction score
Yes I realize the title is very strange lol

My DH is really into books and DVDs/documentaries about war, soldiers, etc etc. He loves all that Ross Kemp stuff lol

He's read a few factual books about war heroes and is really into these as opposed to fiction (tried that and he doesn't read them).

I'd like to get him something war related if possible but as it is so not my thing, I have no idea what to look for! Does anybody know of anything that sounds like any of this?

I know its a long shot lol :wacko:

P.S He's already got Band of Brothers and The Pacific box-sets and loves them

What kind of war memorials/museums are around?
Could you put together some kind of day trip for him to visit certain battle sites, or something like that?
Also, museums on military history often have gift shops full of books, memorabilia, etc. - some of it online.
We have a military museum in my city - really interesting stuff there.

Hi, had a look online and found this website, hope it helps

https://www.iwmshop.org.uk/

What kind of war memorials/museums are around?
Could you put together some kind of day trip for him to visit certain battle sites, or something like that?
Also, museums on military history often have gift shops full of books, memorabilia, etc. - some of it online.
We have a military museum in my

city - really interesting stuff there.

We live in N. Ireland and as far as I know we have very little in the way of war museums : (

Ok, so not specifically war related, but military related: A book that I've bought for people before is called 'Fighting Talk' it's by Graeme Donald and you can get it on Amazon. It's a bit different because it's about the military origins of commonly used words/phrases and that sort of thing. I am pretty sure the same guy has written other books with a war/historical/military theme, but you'd have to look him up coz this is the only one I can remember the name of.
Hope that helps :)

my hubby is into this sort of thing and he really enjoyed the Chris Ryan series that were on sky one. know it is fiction but like band of brothers very accurate. cant link but know at least the first series is on dvd cos we bought it for fil xx

There's a Ross Kemp DVD......
https://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/516...ring=ross+kemp+in+afghanistan&urlrefer=search

my hubby is into this sort of thing and he really enjoyed the Chris Ryan series that were on sky one. know it is fiction but like band of brothers very accurate. cant link but know at least the first series is on dvd cos we bought it for fil xx

Thank you. This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. Ur a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back