• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Was about to buy this rocker...until I saw this video

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I was going to buy the Fisher-Price Link-A-Doos Infant to Toddler Rocker for my nephew but after watching this, I've decided not to. Don't know if any real harm could come of it, but I'd rather not buy it now...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU2gA3shFDc

I didnt think things like that were safe past 6 months? when they can pull themselves up

It has a part that you pull forward to stop it from rocking. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a "rocker" though. :wacko:

I had this recommended to me' time and time again after Daisy hit the weight limit for her bouncer at 4 months. So glad I went with my instinct!

I think as parents, we have to use our common sense with items like this. If your child is that mobile, they do not need to be in a bouncer/rocker. Too bad common sense is not very common these days and kids can get hurt.

I think Fisher Price needs to rethink their age and weight requirements on this. Obviously it should not be used with babies learning to be more mobile.

It has a part that you pull forward to stop it from rocking. Kind of defeats the purpose of buying a "rocker" though. :wacko:

So those parents arnt using it properly but are slating it :dohh:

According to the kiddicare youtube demo video, that is how it is supposed to be used at stage two...you only pull the kickback thing at stage 1 and stage 3...but at stage 2 it should be used as a rocker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-AIBh1uw0

I think as parents, we have to use our common sense with items like this. If your child is that mobile, they do not need to be in a bouncer/rocker. Too bad common sense is not very common these days and kids can get hurt.

I think Fisher Price needs to rethink their age and weight requirements on this. Obviously it should not be used with babies learning to be more mobile.

In all honesty, my son is 9 months old and very mobile and I still put him into his rocker (which is different from this one) just so that I can get things done without having to be near him, or worrying that he will fall onto something. I can barely reach the kitchen without him holding onto the sofa and standing, then falling straight back bang on the floor...sticking him in the rocker means I can reach the kitchen without having to jolt back.

So those parents arnt using it properly but are slating it :dohh:

Yeah, kinda...I mean, I'm not saying it's definitely safe or anything, but a friend of mine has the same one. I believe you are supposed to pull that piece forward (it's at the front of the chair, touching the floor, if you know what I mean, it's hard to explain) so it doesn't rock. You make it a rocker when the child is older (hence the infant to toddler thing), and their feet touch the floor so they don't rock right out of it like that.
I hope that made sense! :flower:

Makes you think why they didnt just pull that bar up when they realised their LO could do that lol

I think those parents weren't paying attention to their child, which is why their child got hurt. Just because you have your child strapped into a toy (rocking or stationary) and nearby doesn't mean you can turn your back to your child for a long period of time. If you do need to turn your back to your child for a few minutes and they are strapped into this type of rocker, recline the rocker and pull out the stand.

I have one and LO has never gotten hurt in it. My friends have the same rocker that we do and their daughter is 3 years old, now weighing 35 lbs. She uses it as her own personal rocking chair. She has never fallen forward in the chair like that.

I think those parents weren't paying attention to their child, which is why their child got hurt. Just because you have your child strapped into a toy (rocking or stationary) and nearby doesn't mean you can turn your back to your child for a long period of time. If you do need to turn your back to your child for a few minutes and they are strapped into this type of rocker, recline the rocker and pull out the stand.

I have one and LO has never gotten hurt in it. My friends have the same rocker that we do and their daughter is 3 years old, now weighing 35 lbs. She uses it as her own personal rocking chair. She has never fallen forward in the chair like that.

Yes, I guess that makes sense...if you're gona leave your child unattended in this rocker, recline it to ensure safety - good idea JayeD. :thumbup: I'm reconsidering it now.

I was thinking the same thing. My LO hasn't liked sitting in a toy since she figured out mommy can pick her up and move her around! Now that she can semi-crawl (she's getting better fast!) I can barely even keep her in my arms she always wants to be down. To be honest I think the best toy for a baby that has started trying to crawl is just to baby proof a big area and lay out some ball type toys that encourage crawling and leave them to it! That's what I do with LO when I cooking/doing laundry/cleaning up and she loves the time to go where she wants and she's getting really strong from it!

In all honesty, my son is 9 months old and very mobile and I still put him into his rocker (which is different from this one) just so that I can get things done without having to be near him, or worrying that he will fall onto something. I can barely reach the kitchen without him holding onto the sofa and standing, then falling straight back bang on the floor...sticking him in the rocker means I can reach the kitchen without having to jolt back.

I just let my little guy fall. :haha: Mean mommy.:blush: But my family room is open to the kitchen so I can keep an eye on him.

Makes you think why they didnt just pull that bar up when they realised their LO could do that lol

That what I was thinking. Instead of posting the video on youtube... why didn't they just pull the safety bar out like they are suppose to. :shrug: Makes me think its their parenting that needs recalled.. not the rocker. :trouble: :haha:

I have one of those chairs and I've never had a problem. My daughter can lean forward like that, that's why as soon as she was a bit more mobile and COULD move like that, I would pull the bar at the front out so she couldn't tip out.

I think it's common sense. A lot of things made for babies are dangerous if you either leave them unsupervised or use them incorrectly.

It annoys me that they made this video and are branding this product as dangerous when they are just not using common sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"