was hoping to go on holiday..

LovemyBubx

Mummy, Daddy & Daughter
Reaction score
Me & OH were planning a holiday to Spain we really wanted to take DD before baby comes along. (We wouldn't take a very young child on holiday)

But OH has only got 2 weeks in august ..... I'm going to be over 30 weeks then!

We don't regret our pregnancy at all these feelings have nothing to do with having a new baby. We were just excited to do that for DD and spend quality time just us 3 before we become 4.

Doesn't look likely now :(

Sorry for the sad post xx

Why dont you get a holiday cottage in the uk somewhere?

It's up to you but its safe to fly up to 36 weeks so no reason why you can't go.

But if you don't feel comfortable flying late in pregnancy the why not do a holiday in the UK?

We've done a couple of holidays abroad with our daughters to Cyprus and Spain and have also done lots of UK holidays to holiday parks like Haven and a parkdean that are totally geared towards kids.

Our UK holidays have been just as much, if not more fun for the girls because there's no stressful boring travelling involved.

This year we have a week booked in August at our favourite one Ruda holiday park in Croyde, Devon. They love it so much because of all the activities.

Well worth considering if it's just about spending quality time with your dd. surely it doesn't matter whether that's done in the UK or Spain. Plus Spain will be unbearably hot for a little one and for you in August.

:) x

Thank you for the replies. We don't drive unfourtunatly so places like cottages would take forever by train & taxi.

Thank you doc (Lol i love that programme) I haven't thought about how hot it would be in August we have been in June before and was just bearable.

I'm not sure if I want to risk flying so late. I don't know x

OH and I are going to rent a cottage beside the river on the Norfolk Broads this year that has its own day boat, so we can go out for trips. I plan to spend most of the time fishing though. :haha:

Where abouts are you in the UK? Are there any UK-based holiday destinations somewhere near you that wouldn't require TOO much travelling?

Or if you do still fly, could you pick somewhere in Northern Spain? (little bit less hot, little less travelling time?)

It's ashame you don't drive as I guess that would make it slightly easier but it's still definitely doable. I'm not sure whereabouts you are in the UK but there are parkdean holiday parks, haven places and Butlins, and centreparcs etc all around the UK so I'm sure it would be fairly easy to find one within easy reach of a train station.

It would be no more travelling than a plane journey and coach journey if you went abroad.

My parents used to take my brother and I abroad every year from when I was 4 years old. I still remember my best holidays being caravan holidays in the UK! Kids really don't care as long as there's fun things for them to do!

I totally get you wouldn't be comfortable flying so late in your pregnancy, although it's safe I also personally wouldn't want to just because I know how uncomfortable I was in those last weeks and can't think of anything worse than sitting on a plane for hours, then a coach, then having to deal with crazy heat! Lol.

I think you'd find a huge difference in temperature between June and August too. My parents always took us away in either May, June or September and it was lovely. But then when I got with oh we started going away in July and August and it was absolutely scorching. I loved it as I'm a sun worshiper but I would never take my girls away in those months while they're still so young.

My eldest was 14 months old when we first took her to Cyprus, we went in September and it was hideously hot. She would get really restless with the heat and not really know what to do with herself. So much of the holiday was sat inside our air conditioned room trying to keep her cool and comfortable, or in the cool bars etc. I dread to think how hot it would have been if we'd have gone in July or August.

Or you could do some family days out instead, trips to places like Legoland and Peppa pig world, or depending where you are in the UK any of the other attractions there are. West Midlands Safari park, flamingo world (or something like that). I'm sure she'd love lots of days out where it's all about her.

X

Or what about a stay at Disneyland Paris? It won't be quite as hot in France and you can get there on the euro tunnel or ferry rather than flying?

X

Thankyou will really take on board your experiences. Would really love to go Disneyland but I'll be sad I couldn't go on rides with her lol we will save that trip for when #2 is about 3.

We are close to London. Day trips are fine but holiday destinations at least 1hr & half by car.

I'm thinking maybe butlins but Ill have to convince OH he's so against UK holidays he always went abroad as a child whereas I loved caravans!

We shall see. Thank you for all the replies xx

Thankyou will really take on board your experiences. Would really love to go Disneyland but I'll be sad I couldn't go on rides with her lol we will save that trip for when #2 is about 3.

We are close to London. Day trips are fine but holiday destinations at least 1hr & half by car.

I'm thinking maybe butlins but Ill have to convince OH he's so against UK holidays he always went abroad as a child whereas I loved caravans!

We shall see. Thank you for all the replies xx

How about the ferry/tunnel/eurostar over to france?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->