Was it too early to start testing? !..update..!

JennP

Reaction score
I had mirena removed last month, so i decided to start tracking ovulation so that I'm more prepared when we begin TTC in a few months.

I've looked up info on when to begin taking the tests and its hard for me to decide because my total cycle can be anywhere from 21 to 35 days, and AF will stick around for 5-18 days.

I downloaded the FF app and entered info from the last year and its telling me my average is 28 days.
Also telling me i should O in the next 5 days.

I began testing at CD6 mostly because im just kind of excited to get started... the line was actually pretty dark. Definitely not a positive, but I've done one each day since, now on day 12 and they've gone so much lighter.

I don't test early in the morning, but with work, i can't test mid-day so I've been doing them all around 6-7pm because its the only consistent time i can do.

Did i start too early? I'm guessing i should continue testing?

Update 10/24

I think I may have got my first positive! We're not trying yet, but I'm trying to get things ready for when we do. What do you think? Yes? Or almost? I can't tell!

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpg
    IMG_0237.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 12
Wow I feel like I wrote this lol I'm the same boat my cycles irregular I pro long bleed some times more than 18 days :( we this is our 1st month TTC too I also did an opk which was pretty dark on cycle day 5 and done a couple since and their lighter now too. I'm really unsure on ovulation too so I'm just going to start testing after my bleeding stops. And hopefully I ovulate not long after. My plan was to test after cycle day 10 but I'm cycle day 7 and bleeding is still heavy so I have everything cross it stops soon so we can at least practice lol :) I think with it being both our 1st month of testing and trying this month will just be a case of figuring out our cycles more in depth. Good luck hun hope ovulation happens soon for you :) xx

BTW I'd keep on testing and hopefully you will catch the surge I also test evening time too around 7pm do try to stick to testing around the same time. I know some ladies test 2 times a day when getting close but you'll know when the lines start to get darker. X

I'm not alone! :) AT was heavy for only 4 days so after 2 light days that's when I decided to start trying. Because I bleed for so long, even if it's only spotting, I wasn't sure if I could ovulate during that so I wanted to start testing.

How many days do I test for? Do I just keep going until I get a positive or until my next cycle starts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->