was this a contraction?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by KayteeB, Jun 1, 2011.

1. KayteeB

KayteeB Guest

hey ladies :wave:

well today i was standing outside B&Q with my mum when i started to get an uncomfortable feeling in my back which slowly turned into an ache. It then spread around to my stomach and intensified slightly. I could only describe it as the sort of cramp you get when you have a very bad stomach. It dissapeared after about 40 seconds, was this a contraction? a braxton hick? im confused :S

im 28 weeks + 3 days xx

2. PAgal

PAgal Well-Known Member

Not sure, if anything it sounds like it could be BH, they can start anytime.

3. MrsWhite

MrsWhite Well-Known Member

Sounds like my braxton hicks. They can get pretty darn uncomfortable and I was about where you are when I started getting them like that. Just make sure they don't come regularly within a few minutes of eachother, if they start to do that then call your doc or midwife to be sure you aren't having real ones.

4. KayteeB

KayteeB Guest

thanks ladies xx

5. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

sounds like a braxton hick to me hun they are only contractions once they are coming regular x