Was told off by my mum

purapura

Reaction score
I was told of by my mum today for "spoiling" my 3 month old boy! I want to know what u think about this.

He used to play by him self prity well, but at 11+5 weeks he became fussy and every time I placed a toy infront of him he was showing his "I dont like this" face or even start crying, so I was looking for a different way to entertain him... He is 13+1 weeks today and still prefers my company then toys. I love it as I feel that he loves me and want to spend his time with me and I think that he will be playing with toys again when he feels like it. But my mum thinks that I spoil him (that is why he dosn't want his toys anymore) and he would not want to play by him self anymore because of this...

Your opinions please :)

I think he is too young to be classed as 'spoilt'. Im pretty sure I read somewhere that LO will still think you are both the same person for a while longer.

Ignore her, you can't spoil a child with love! Millicent goes through phases of clinginess, like so clingy I can't go for a wee by myself, only wants cuddles with me..a few days later she's fine and will play with her toys by herself or with friends.
xxx

You can't spoil a child until they understand how to manipulate! So you play all you want with your LO! Such an old fashioned idea that mothers need to distance themselves from their children in order to boost the child's independence.

Your lo is far too young to worry about being spoilt. Also a baby that age needs interaction with mummy xx

Jacob is with me all the time on my lap etc he gets bored easily but will sit on my lap with a rattle for ages. My OH got the notion off his mother & used to tell me off for holding my daughter too much. If you cant hold your baby when they are young when can you?

At about three months, babies are able to distinguish their mothers from other adults & show preference to them, so maybe it has something to do with tht?
I remember mine was the same, he didnt really start playing with his toys again til he was 5 months old & could sit up

U can't spoil a baby,plus in all the books and research I've done it states that at 3 months babies still prefer to play and look at mummy rather than toys.ur baby is still bonding with u and learning from ur facial expressions,seems to me that ur both right on track xx

I read that babies, especially girls prefer faces & people to 'things' so it's only natural that he prefers his Mummy x

Thanks ladies. I think that my mum still has the "russian" and old aproch to raising a baby

you cant spoil a baby with love and attention you can with gifts though and you dont want to go down that route tell your mum. They need you at this point, give it now they arnt babies forever and grow up so fast. I would tell your mum where to go if she where mine.

Aww, don't listen to your mom! You snuggle with your LO as much as you can.

I really hate it when people tell you you're spoiling your baby. I mean, they're babies! They need to know their parents are there for them and the more love you can show the better as far as I'm concerned. Some people seem to find babies' vulnerability a sign of weakness. My father's the same - he constantly tells me 'in his day, babies were treated harshly to make them tough'. What a load of tosh.

I really hate it when people tell you you're spoiling your baby. I mean, they're babies! They need to know their parents are there for them and the more love you can show the better as far as I'm concerned. Some people seem to find babies' vulnerability a sign of weakness. My father's the same - he constantly tells me 'in his day, babies were treated harshly to make them tough'. What a load of tosh.

People wonder why adults are they way they are :( I don't think you can spoil a baby They don't stay small that long :nope: I think material things spoil baby or a child. Not attention

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->