Washer-dryer help please

Rachel_C

Reaction score
I'm so excited, hubby is MAKING me get a washer-dryer!!! He's recently seen how hard it is for me to get all our washing dried in our tiny flat without a dryer so he's insisting. Unfortunately we don't have room for a separate one so we have to get a washer-dryer. I know they're not as efficient as separate ones so does anybody have any tips for choosing a good one? I want to keep our energy usage down to a minimum so I think I'll still air dry where possible but maybe start things off in the dryer that would take days otherwise (like bamboo). I've tried looking for ones that are rated AAA (for washing, drying and energy usage) but they all seem to be the mega expensive ones. Any tips for what to look for?

I know this may seem a weird question to be asking in here but I thought people in here would be more likely to have considered the environmental stuff.

:shrug: I have only ever gotten separate ones. Do you guys have the energy star ratings over there? They should help you look for more efficient models.

we have the Hotpoint BHWD129, it's very very quiet when washing so good in a flat (though if it's not fitted properly it's noisy on the spin). not rated AAA, for washing it's A but energy efficiency it's B.

oh, it's also fully integrated. that's why we got it, there's obviously less choice if you need integrated. I use the dryer to start the nappies off, I put them in for 1hr on medium and then finish on a rack.

thanks - i'd not thought about the noise of it, i'll have to look into that!

I have a hotpoint WD640 Aquarius+ Supersilent and I hate it. Its not because of the model I have, i would just never have a washer dryer again! The dryer is worse than rubbish!! I'm getting a mini dryer to put in the shed for nappies!

at first i thought you wrote he was making you one...thinking you have a very talented hubbers there !!:dohh: LOL i dont have a AIO but i used to have a White Knight dryer and it was really small and only cost £99!! was amazing too!!its much better than the one we have now and this one cost us nearly £300!!! they are super slim and i *think* might be wrong tho - that they are quite good on electricity and they dry really quick too!!

i know its not really what you were asking but thought it might be of a little use to you......might be able to squidge it in somewhere?

sara

xxxxxxxx

Ha I wish he could make me one! We've ordered one and it's being delivered on Wednesday... it's a Hotpoint something-or-other. I know AIOs aren't as good as separates but we don't have ANY room for anything... I've even had to give away SHOES to make room for Leyla (that's how serious our lack of space is!!!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->