Washer dryer

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Do you have one, or a washer dryer?

Currently we don't and now it getting chilly it can take days to dry clothes, and the only place we can hang them is on a clothes horse in the kitchen which takes up most of the kitchen!!

But don't have room for a free standing tumble so was thinking getting a washer dryer but not great things?

I've had two, and didn't rate either tbh. The dry function took forever which of course means your next load can't go in for washing. The machines themselves seemed expensive and both broke not long out of warranty. I also find clothes horses annoying but would still not bother with another washer dryer.

We have a washer dryer set, and I could not survive without them. I love being able to wash, dry, and put away several loads of laundry in a couple hours and just have it all done. We bought ours used too, so it wasn't even that expensive.

Do they have the ones that stack over there? I don't those take a lot of space.

I've had two (currently on my second) and it makes a lot of sense for us... You just have to be aware that you can't tumble dry as much as you can wash (weight wise).
Plus we've just bought a heated airer, between the two, with the dryer doing socks/undies etc and the airer doing shirts etc washing is dried in a fraction of the time it took before...

We have a washer dryer - jack of all trades master of none, this could be because it's getting old though as the landlord is too cheap to replace it.

We have a washer dryer - jack of all trades master of none, this could be because it's getting old though as the landlord is too cheap to replace it.

Good way of putting it! I certainly wouldn't buy another one

i have a washer dryer, if i had the room for a seperate dryer i most definatley would have one, but i dont so i wouldnt be without my washer dryer.
the worst thing is obviously not being able to wash clothes while u have some drying.
i never use wash & dry settings, i only ever do a 30 min wash, then put them in the dryer for a hour and if they are dry great if not they go on the airer until they are dry.

mine is a pain in the arse, not sure whats wrong with it but sometimes the dryer doesnt heat up, i have to take the top off and press a button on the top on the inside for it to work again, no idea why this keeps happening i was told its because it over heats.
another annoying thing about the one i have, it doesnt have settings for different heat, just times. so a cotton dry will take longer than a gentle dry, but a gentle dry wont take as long as cupboard dry.

I hate washer dryers, like previously mentioned it takes forever.. and I found the clothes came out really creased. If space is the problem then I'd get a good washing machine and one of these

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8501147.htm

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back