Wasn't prepared to have a boy...

Louisex

Reaction score
I found out we are having a boy. I am over the moon but really thought it was a girl I already got a daughter she's 3 and is really good now I'm having a boy I just can't get used to it. For one when I'm shopping all that catches my eye is girls clothes they defiantly have more things for girls I just cant get used to blue and I dont like any boys names! I know how lucky I am having one of each as not every one gets the chance and this is our last child. Did anyone else feel the same after having a girl?

this is my first but i was so convinced he was a she and so did my family and friends. it took me about 2 days for it to sink in, at the scan i was very very shocked. as soon as the scan was over we bought all of his clothes. Since buying the clothes it has really helped me. I love him to bits and cant wait to meet him. :) boys are so cuddly and they are normally mummys boys :)

No personal experience but I used to think the same thing about boys stuff, how its just NOT cute! But I've recently grown to change my mind of the idea as I've been spending a lot of time with my neighbors grandson (for the last two years) and my sister in law has an in home day care and has her first baby boy out of 4 baby girls.

Boys are just so sweet and cuddly, they don't seem to be nearly as fussy or picky.

And not everything is blue, I got this gift for my friend who has a shower tomorrow. The little tiger on it is so stinkin cute!

https://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/250353_1992671507561_1566617585_32114098_8362409_n.jpg

After having my son im still getting used to the idea that im having a girl cause all that catches my eyes is boys stuff i really cant imagine having anything other then another boy but sure enough im having a girl.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like having a boy either, but then I had one, he's my ENTIRE WORLD. I adore him and know that him and I have a very special connection. He is a mama's boy. I can honestly say I'd be ecstatic to have another boy too! Never in a million years thought I'd want 2 boys...but I love boys now! lol.
Just give yourself a day or two, trust me you'll be delighted to be the mother of a beautiful little man!!

I had the opposite reaction to you - I also have a girl but I thought I was having a boy.
I wasn't disappointed when I found out he was a she, I had a slight feeling anyways.
Its just hard because I had my boys name totally 100% picked out, and its so hard choosing a girls name. :huh:

Sheril: Every time I see your avatar I always think there is a tornado behind you :haha:

Ah I am so excited to be having a boy really I am my daughter only wanted a baby brother. It just must take time go get used to the idea. Sorry to mention it but I'm only used to girls bits I've never wiped Or changed a willy lol I don't know it's strange to think of a teeny tiny winky lol I'm sure I'll get used to it though x

I had the opposite reaction to you - I also have a girl but I thought I was having a boy.
I wasn't disappointed when I found out he was a she, I had a slight feeling anyways.
Its just hard because I had my boys name totally 100% picked out, and its so hard choosing a girls name. :huh:

Definate the opposite Hun I had girls names too. Even had thoughts Oft daughter growing up with a sister. I def thought he was a she. I am still over the moon regardless xxx

I couldve wrote that but with opposite genders hun.this is my first and for some reason I really wanted a boy as we knew the name already,I didn't like any girls clothes I was seeing,I thought boys had more choice lol but once we were told she was a girl it took about a week to sink in and suddenly I'm obsessed with girlie things and now we've FINALLY sorted the name I wouldn't have it any other way....I said to dh yesterday "they better not have got it wrong coz if she comes out with a willy now I don't think I could take the shock lol).once it sinks in baba u will b over the moon to have one of each xx

Well you aren't going to get anywhere with negative thinking. Have a sit down with a cuppa and read through a baby book, there must be at least one baby boy name that catches your eye.

Secondly, who says you have to dress your little man in blue? There is always reds, browns, oranges etc :)

Ah I am so excited to be having a boy really I am my daughter only wanted a baby brother. It just must take time go get used to the idea. Sorry to mention it but I'm only used to girls bits I've never wiped Or changed a willy lol I don't know it's strange to think of a teeny tiny winky lol I'm sure I'll get used to it though x

With my first pregnancy, I wanted a girl only for that reason! :haha: I had no idea what to do with a baby pee-pee. I mean, would I have to touch it?! Ewwww! And what about the circumcision? That doesn't have to happen with a girl. Poor baby. And... and... and... :rofl:

And then I had a boy.... Now I'm having those thoughts about girls. With a boy... you can just wipe the poop off. But with a girl... ewww... what if it gets all up inside? Gross! :haha: I know it'll be fine either way... :shrug:

At the end of the day... I figure if the only reason I want gender or the other is because of diaper changes, then I will definitely be fine with whatever we get this time. :cloud9:

Well you aren't going to get anywhere with negative thinking. Have a sit down with a cuppa and read through a baby book, there must be at least one baby boy name that catches your eye.

Secondly, who says you have to dress your little man in blue? There is always reds, browns, oranges etc :)

I'm not negative thinking!

I'm not negative thinking!

Sorry I didn't mean my post in an offensive way :shrug:

I didn't see that you said that you were over the moon :blush: I just saw that you thought boys clothes aren't cute or something? But thats negative thinking, boys clothes can be cute you just have to find them! Congrats on your son anyway, it'll be lovely having 1 of each!

Not cute ? Where did I say that.

I think you mean I said only girls clothes catch my eye because I'm used to pink. That Is not negative thinking where I'm from lol
And I have a load of boys names apps on my iPhone and search the Internet for boys names also getting a boys swing thats awesome. I very much doubt I'm negative.

I thought I was having a girl too, & then was so very shocked to clearly see boy bits!!
I've been thinking girl so much, that it is a shock to switch gears the other way. I also find it hard to find boy clothes I like ( & my big peeve is all the monkeys on everything... srsly?? ... no way! But there's time for it to sink in, & I'm sure by the time I'm holding him in my arms, he'll become my world!

I cant imagine having anything but a boy, I think it is just what you are used to. I must admit if this one is a girl I might be a bit upset...

I think youre always attracted to the opposite sex clothes regardless of what sex you 'wanted' (not saying you did want another girl just saying)

When I was pregnant with my son I noticed all the girls things that I couldnt buy. Then when I was pregnant with my daughter I noticed all the gorgeous boys things that I should have been buying (our son died) then ever since I would look at the boys things and wish I could buy them, now we're pregnant with another son I always seem to notice the cute newborn girl things :haha:

Congrats on your little boy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->