watching TV

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by xxleannexx, Oct 27, 2008.

1. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

Summer loves Cbeebies (childrens programmes), but i feel bad when she is sitting there watching it as i feel she should be doing something more productive. i mean she doesnt watch loads but say if im doing something and she is in her walker or sitting playing with her toys i sometimes put it on for her as she loves the singing etc. is this bad?

i feel like im choosing the easy way to keep her entertained :blush:

i mean dont get me wrong this isnt all day at all we do loads of other stuff, but whilst im busy im talking about.....

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I don't see a problem with it. Hannah's only 3 months old but will lay there and watch some tv (I think she likes the movement).

3. 1st_baby

1st_baby Guest

Max is the same way he sits in his bumbo with cookie in one hand and watches tv

4. LaDY

LaDY Mummy Of Two xx

I think in moderation hun its not a problem...i let my bubs watch tv now and again and probably after a short time i get him to do something else xx

5. xxleannexx

xxleannexx Mom to a girl and boy

that sounds so cute!

6. lfc_sarah

lfc_sarah Wife & mother of 1 boy

Callum stares at the colours

I just try and take him out more

7. anita665

anita665 Mum of 2 & expecting 3rd

Pierre sits in his chair and watches TV. He doesn't understand obviously though and just likes the talking and pictures.

I do other things with him so I don't worry about it.

As he gets older I will monitor a lot more what he watches and how much. It's easier to get older children into other things though, like drawing and toys but a baby struggles and gets frustrated so I think TV is fine.

8. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

like the other said everything in moderation jack loves the telly and play house disney x xx

9. ricschick

ricschick Proud mummy of 6!

i think its fine as its only sometimes and cbeebies is quite educational there always learning about numbers and colours and stuff.

10. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

i too think moderation its fine, maddi loves the simpsons and football. we were playing the other night whilst the football was on and she turned and watched it, so hope she loves it as me and her daddy are footie mad :blush:

11. taperjeangirl

taperjeangirl Well-Known Member

Daisy is amazed by the TV already! I don't sit her in front of it but she always turns towards it.
    TV can be very educational for LO's as long as it's in moderation it's fine!

12. Ratty

Ratty Well-Known Member

I used to watch sky news during his morning feed, but now have to turn it off as he doesn't concentrate on food.

Even when lying on his play mat he will do his best to see the TV. Loves the footie and then his favourite is Stricly come Dancing, I think its all the lights.

Personally I don't like him watching, but to stop it would mean us never watching TV when he is awake or putting him in a different room (not going to happen).