Water before my scan?

N

Neecee

Do I have to load up with water before my scan this afternoon? Will a full bladder make it easier for the sono to see LO's bits and pieces?

my letter for my scan on fri sed to drink a pint of water half hour before and not to wee! lol

xx

I'd say go with a pint hun ... seems to fill your bladder just right!!

ye they said to me it would be easier to scan me if i drank a pint of water

I got to mine having drunk a pint of water, and was told that they were finding it difficult to see so I had to go and empty my bladder!

I got to mine having drunk a pint of water, and was told that they were finding it difficult to see so I had to go and empty my bladder!

This happened to me with my last LO too!

Yep they say a pint helps hun , But at 22 weeks iam sure they will get a great pic anyway :) . Good luck have fun . xx .

i was told to drink a pint of water an hour before!

I didnt drink any before and the scan was very clear, we saw the legs crossed over at the ankles and little feet, his little willy etc, she said she was very happy with the scan and everything she saw, I think the pint of water applies more to the 12 week scan as LO is still very small

Good luck

Thanks ladies! I'll be downing my bottle of water in the car just to make sure it's full!

I'm hoping baby will be awake as it's not usually active at 4pm. i'm also hoping those little legs will be wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open so we can see their bits!!!! That way I won't have to ask what it is!

I got told not to bother at my 20 week scan cos baby was bg enough but i dont see the harm in drinking a bit anyway!

i was told to wee at my scan yesterday. but cus LO was playing up she said drink a cold drink to get her moving, hope that helps x

One more question please ladies: Do they talk you through what they are looking at or is it all done in silence? At my 12 week scan, the lady talked through everything, but I'm wondering if they hold back info so as not to make the sex obvious.

I think I really want to know what team I'm on - can you tell? LOL!

my midwife told me EVERYTHING!!she also did my 12 week scan too!!

Yeh they should talk it through with you mine did! As for the water its easier to empty ur bladder than fill it so i drank b4 hand! Good luck

As soon as we got in the room she asked if we would want to know the sex, I said we did, she did her checks and measurements during the whole scan and explained to us what she was measuring and pointed out all the bits and bobs and explained how baby was laying, the lady was lovely and the kids loved hearing all about the baby and seeing it all

I drank a pint of water before I went and the sonographer asked me to empty my bladder coz it was pushing baby up under my belly button and was casting a shadow so she couldn't get the measurements.

So I'm not drinking loads this time, just some really cold water to wake baby up! :D hehe

They didn't say anything to me but I needed a wee anyway so thought I might as well hold on!

They didn't tell me anything as they were doing it. After she'd done it she was showing me the things but not whilst she was doing it. She said she would be quite coz she's concentrating and that it didn't mean there was something wrong with bubs xxx

One more question please ladies: Do they talk you through what they are looking at or is it all done in silence? At my 12 week scan, the lady talked through everything, but I'm wondering if they hold back info so as not to make the sex obvious.

I think I really want to know what team I'm on - can you tell? LOL!

Depends on the sonographer....at a 20wk scan they have a lot of things on their checklist to scan, check and measure and they need to be accurate so she may be quiet for quite a while as she does all that.

As you're going into the room and before she starts make sure you tell her if you want pics and if you wanna know the sex as it will give her more opportunity to look or get a good picture rather than just looking at the end of the scan.

Good luck babe:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->