Water Birth

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
I know it is early days but when we were at our scan the other day, the Sonographer mentioned they had a birthing pool at the hospital.

Are any of you considering a water birth?

We both love the water so it seems a very natural idea to us so it is something we are going to look into a bit more.

xxx

I would love to have a water birth but they dont offer it at our local hospital or anywhere near! Its supposed to be quite calming/relaxing xxxxxxxx

I'm not stalking honest!!

I have wanted a water birth each baby but had complications so not able to.I am determined to this time!

My friend had one and she swears by it.Said the whole experience was relaxed calm and almost pain free xxx

Oh and where we are they have a new centre with 4 birth pools x

my hospital have onr now might be summert i could look at just have to bear in mind if i have pregnancy probs again they wont let me so as long as everything is looking ok at 30 weeks i might just get my self booked in lol xxx

I'm not stalking honest!!

I have wanted a water birth each baby but had complications so not able to.I am determined to this time!

My friend had one and she swears by it.Said the whole experience was relaxed calm and almost pain free xxx

Dammit, I wanted a stalker as well :haha:

That is the reason it appeals to me so much. We are both really calm and relxed and like to just go with the flow with things and, as much as we are aware that labour may not allow for that, we would like to at least try and have one that reflects us.

I hope you get yours too hun :hugs:

xxx

I think a waterbirth would be amazing.. I wanted one with Alex but had pre eclampsia so couldnt, and this time I'm more than likely being induced early (as long as she doesnt try and come herself lol) so another pregnancy I wont be having a waterbirth. Our hospital has just one so its first come first serve. Its never too soon to think about what birth you might want, the time goes soo fast :hugs: xxx

I really fancy a water birth and spoke with midwife about it yesterday but coz my pregnancy is complicated and i'll have to be on a drip during labour they've said i can't have one....was gutted :(

^^ Big hugs.

I was annoyed as I was in the water pool room last time to.It was like torture x

I had a water birth with my lo and would definitely recommend it. The relief I felt from the contractions as soon as I got in was incredible although I have to say it was definitely NOT pain free, but certainly helped. ONly prob was the pool was a horrible old square thing with really uncomfortable sides, I'll be taken something soft to lean on next time.

its early days for me too....8 weeks today wooo hooo, but its something we mentioned to MW the other day. My hosp has a few pools so its defo an option. x

Oh I'm so glad I logged on and found this thread I've been thinking about a water birth. I know it's very early days (I'm only 4 wks 3 days) but when we found out I was preggers one of the first things I thought was "water birth"!
Would you all recommend it? I know it can never be completely pain free but I swim alot so am comptely relaxed in the water... Anything that relaxes you must be a bonus right?
Xxx

I wanted a water birth with my last pregnancy but there is only 1 in the birthing centre and you have to ring up before you go in and tell them to run it, but by the time I was ready to go in some other lady was already in there lol Think I will try for it again this time too!

Im considering it! I love the water and feel it would be a great natural pain relief! Need to look into it more not sue if my maternity ward has one!

I would love a waterbirth! I think I am a little too scared to have a homebirth but I really do want as natural birth as possible and I think water is the way forward! I will have to see what is available at my local hospital but fingers crossed if all goes well, I will try my best for this :) x

I am definitely going to use the tub for pain relief and go from there, whether I decide on home or hospital birth.

Im going to give another side to this... i didnt book to go in the birthing pool but it was free when I was in labour. I had a long hard labour (3 days although wouldnt be classed as 3 days of labour as they dont class u as being in labour till ur so many cm dialated even though ur having contractions) due to my daughter going into OP position and not progressing due to this which resulted in an section eventually....

I wasn put in a hot bath on my 2nd night (spend the 1st night at home) to try relax and forget about the pain for a while - omg DID IT HURT !!! The water just brought my contractions on even further so I was given an injection for a little pain relief and to try get a sleep as hadnt slept for more than 24hrs.... ANYWAY... Next morning I had my waters broke, to see if things would progress ... no luck... so I got put in the birthing pool.................... PAIN PAIN PAIN - For some reason the water just made my contractions even stronger I dont know why... then MW was in saying OKAY THIS IS IT so I was like - YEHHHHH - its gonna be over soon... Turned out it wasnt it, baby was 'bearing down' but unable to get out in her position... so I was sent for an epidural as is was in so much pain by this point.

I remember the water was soothing in between contractions, but the water has to be at the perfect temp for it to work, u could feel when it was cooling down. Would I try it again ? Maybe - but id want to find out why it made my contractions more painful first.

Hope I havent put anyone off the idea of water birth as so many people swear by them but i just wanted to put another side to it from experience as its good to know the pros and cons and gives u things to discuss with ur MW. xx

Planning on one, but we will see how that goes. Trying to think of various things that would be ok so I can have some flexibility if something doesn't feel right.

To be honest, i hadn't thought about water birth. But now I might consider it. Although I don't know if it's available at the hospital near me, maybe I shall look into it :)

I am hoping to have a home water birth as long as my midwife says i'm okay to have one. I really don't want to go to our local hospital as there have been some bad reviews on it.

I am with the majority, both me and oh love water and with 1 traumatic hospital birth with pre eclampsia and then a fairly relaxing home birth I really really want to try a water birth but the closest MLU with a birthing pool is about an hour drive and both times I have done the whole thing in 2hrs so hopefully I'll be able to get there in time and it'll be free!! fx'd for us who want one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->