Water Birth

wow 2hrs, i hope im as lucky as you this time for it to be over so quickly :) x

I want an epidural and I'm not sure they are compatible with water births.

If the birthing pool is available when your in the hospital why dont you try it before you have an epidural? How good would it be if it ended up you didnt actually need an epidural!!
I dont think it is possible to have a water birth and epidural as there would be no point as the epidural should make u numb from the pain anyway xx

If the birthing pool is available when your in the hospital why dont you try it before you have an epidural? How good would it be if it ended up you didnt actually need an epidural!!
I dont think it is possible to have a water birth and epidural as there would be no point as the epidural should make u numb from the pain anyway xx

You're only allowed gas and air with a water birth no other medication or pain relief is given.

I didnt actually give birth in the pool but I laboured to the point of transition in it. I didnt have it on my birth plan - It just kind of happened because the pool at the Birth Centre was free. I'm going to be actively requesting it this time and using hypnobirthing too. I'll definitely get in a lot sooner to really get the benefit. My hubby was impressed with it too. I got out and on to a birth stool to have her and I may do that this time too. :)

I wanted an epidural with my pregnancy so a water birth didn't get considered. However, after ending up doing my labour with no pain relief and my birth with gas and air (that doesn't work by the way lol) if I was to have another baby I would think about having a water birth since I know I can do it without proper pain relief, you should definately consider it :)

I definitely want a water birth, but even though I live in London there are no hospitals near me with waterbirth facilitys, how rubbish is that!

So i've been looking at buying a Birth Pool in A Box.. two of my friends used them at home and LOVED them. But it all depends on if I move house by then, as I wouldn't be able to empty it in the flat I'm in now.

Well, im not sure what equipment my midwife has, but i've heard good things about the pools and if they have one I might consider it. I really liked the birthing ball and shower last time.

im actually kind of glad im birthing in the summer, I hate cold weather LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->