Water loss - but waters not broken please help? UPDATED!-baby here! :)

Nibeley

Reaction score
This morning I got out of bed at 6am after feeling some moisture down there, few steps to bathroom and pad soaked and water (clear fluid) coming down my legs. Hubby took me to hospital as they wanted to check they had broken. Monitored LO for about an hour and then did internal and said they havent broken. Fluid still coming out and so she said she would like me flat and check again in an hour. She said it has to pool in your vagina for them to know your waters have gone. An hour later she checked and again said they havent. I can go to pee separately and control urine flow etc. She sent me home but I am worried they have gone and infection will start. Still leaking fluid now, can feel it trickling out and if I stand there is small gushing feelings.

Any advice as this is my first and I am a little worried

Thanks x

I found that in the last week before LO was born I was convinced my waters had gone, exactly the same as you describe (though I didn't go to the docs ;) ). They certainly hadn't because they went spectacularly during labour!! Since then I've read on these forums that it is very common to have very watery and copious quantities of discharge in the last weeks.
If you're still worried, I'd get a second opinion, but I believe it's fairly normal!

They don't have the test strips that turn colors where you are? That sounds like more then normal imo. I have had moments where I stand and get a slight gush of almost watery but not enough to soak pads or run down my legs and this is number 3. I would say second opinion to make sure its normal.

They don't have the test strips that turn colors where you are? That sounds like more then normal imo. I have had moments where I stand and get a slight gush of almost watery but not enough to soak pads or run down my legs and this is number 3. I would say second opinion to make sure its normal.

No she said it has to pool in your vagina before they know your waters have broken, and she said it wasn't although it was trickling out pretty much constantly

Just a bit worrying, but thanks for your input - very grateful x

heya, i had this this morning, its plug loss in my situation so maybe yours is also :) x

I had an insane (and gross) amount of discharge in my last week and pregnancy. Then one night I got up to go to the bathroom and had a little trickle of fluid. Thought it was just discharge or had wet myself (again:dohh:) but nope, it was my water. It can be really hard to know

I'm leaking quite a bit too but really don't think it is my water. Think I am due same day as you so hoping it is a sign of imminent labour xxx

I'm 37 + 2, my waters started going at 4.30 am, rolled over in bed felt twinge in lower abdomen and then leaking, stood up and clear liquid gushed out. Rang delivery suite and got called in as hadn't felt baby move during night, although don't notice much movement at night as I'm a very heavy sleeper.

At delivery suite continued to leak heavily, soaked through a pad and started to get through clothes. Midwife took one look at my trousers and didn't question if it was waters, put on trace and baby fine, had some contractions/tightenings. However, when examined cervix still posterior and closed. Midwife could see waters leaking during exam, never mentioned it having to pool.

Now at home and booked in for induction tomorrow AM, unless go into labour before then. Still loosing lots of fluid can't believe there's much left in there now but still keeps leaking out.

I would get checked out again if your not sure, due to risk of infection.

My waters 'leaked' with my first pregnancy rather than just 'going'as you hear about. They seemed to be under the impression that it wasn't my waters but I never had anything after the leaking. IT was constant, to the point I just sat on a towl as I just wet everything I changed in to so what was the point?! My contractions had started by then though and I was just waiting for them to get more regular so I waited it out at home. So it was less than 24hrs. I think it's defo something to keep and eye on and get checked out again. I've never heard the pooling theory either. :flower:

My hind water went but when I went up they said mine had not gone. My little man was born with a rash from infection where waters had gone but hind ones are harder to detect. Little one was monitored and checked but it cleared up on his own after a week or so. Please don't worry but if your sure go back. No one will blame you for wanting the best for your baby. The consultant after birth said to me. I would always trust a mum. They know more than any doc. He would have checked again if he had seen me when I went in mums know.

Well I had a consultant appointment today to check my SPD and told them what happened she did a speculum exam then a digital exam and said she thought they had gone. Then went up to delivery where she did another test with the big cotton bud testing the fluid and it came back positive! So they went between 3.30am-5.55am Wed morning. I am booked for induction tomorrow (Fri) at 8am, but am a bit mad that they didn't do the test yesterday. If I didn't have this consultant appointment in diary (which was my midwifes error really, I am not due to see anyone until tuesday which would have been almost a week after they broke!
I said I was worried about infection and she said there is no sign and to go straight back if I feel unwell.

Glad you are sorted now :thumbup: It's a shame they didn't check sooner tho, glad there was no sign of infection. Good luck for tomorrow :flower:

Good! I've been worried about it! Are you going to file a complaint? I would?

good luck for tomorrow hun - i would deff be putting in a complaint

in my previous pregnancy my bag leaked twice, once at 34w and again at 36w. I even pooled. I was admitted both times but both times it sealed up. went to 41w3d and then was induced.

Well I had a consultant appointment today to check my SPD and told them what happened she did a speculum exam then a digital exam and said she thought they had gone. Then went up to delivery where she did another test with the big cotton bud testing the fluid and it came back positive! So they went between 3.30am-5.55am Wed morning. I am booked for induction tomorrow (Fri) at 8am, but am a bit mad that they didn't do the test yesterday. If I didn't have this consultant appointment in diary (which was my midwifes error really, I am not due to see anyone until tuesday which would have been almost a week after they broke!
I said I was worried about infection and she said there is no sign and to go straight back if I feel unwell.

Told you those tests are handy! I would file a complaint for them not taking you serious! :hugs:

I'd be annoyed too! Lucky you had your appointment. Good luck for Friday! How exciting! X

Well she is here! Born at 1.38am on sat 30th march, weighing 9lb 2,
She had a bit of a traumatic start to life. I went in for induction fri 29th at 8am (quite a long time after the waters going) she was a bit mal positioned and I had had contractions for 12 hours before I started pushing and then pushed for nearly 2hours which knackered us both. Had to have epidural which didn't really work and then her heart rate dropped and the room filled with people, they cut me and used forceps to pull her out. Took an hour to stitch me up and I lost a third of my blood volume and so was on high dependency type ward, for the night. We were allowed home on monday 1st and she is doing really well. I am slightly worse off as my episiotomy stitches have burst and they think there is an infection (results tomorrow) so still in quite a lot of pain, but have our beatiful daughter :)

Attachments

• Basingstoke%20and%20Deane-20130403-00390_resized.jpg
    Basingstoke%20and%20Deane-20130403-00390_resized.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 25

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly