Water retention???

opticalillus5

Mummy to two princesses.
Reaction score
:hi: ladies!

I've started training for the Great North Run on 18th September, but since i've upped my training I've started to retain LOADS of water - I constantly look bloated, and it's getting to be a problem as none of my clothes fit and I look pregnant!

I've tried drinking loads more water, but I don't know what else I can do. I know it's not weight gain, because i'm running 20k a week, along with 3 gym sessions. I realise that that'll make me MAJORLY dehydrated, but I really am trying to drink more.

Any suggestions?

How many litres you drinking?

Maybe buy some tablets only thought if you4 drinking enough.
I drink and work out a lot dont think i get bloated a lot x

have you changed your diet??
it's unusual to retain fluid around your middle enough to get bloated;bloating is usually wind or constipation!!
fluid retention is usually in the legs/ankles

maybe speak to your GP??
x

Thanks ladies,

I don't think it is water retention now.. I'm actually quite ill with it. It's gotten worse and now my tummy looks about 6 months pregnant and is rock hard. I don't know if it's wind or constipation, - I don't seem to be bothered by either - but i'm going to the doctors tomorrow as it's the same on an empty stomach now too.

Thanks again :flower:

Thanks ladies,

I don't think it is water retention now.. I'm actually quite ill with it. It's gotten worse and now my tummy looks about 6 months pregnant and is rock hard. I don't know if it's wind or constipation, - I don't seem to be bothered by either - but i'm going to the doctors tomorrow as it's the same on an empty stomach now too.

Thanks again :flower:

hope you feel better soon
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs