waterbirth Question..

MummyinJune

Reaction score
I am thinking about having a waterbirth (in hospital though rather than at home) however i am quite bad 4 feeling dizzy and somtimes fainting when im in a shower or bath so long ( its the heat and steam that does this) i was just wondering if a waterbirth is quite hot and steamy as if it is i ovb cant do it... thanks

You probably should lower the temp of your baths if you feel like that!

Generally in labour, women have the birth pool cooler than they might for a bath - I like HOT baths but I was surprised a how much cooler I wanted it in labour as your body temp is warmer as it's working on birthing your baby :)

I am thinking about having a waterbirth (in hospital though rather than at home) however i am quite bad 4 feeling dizzy and somtimes fainting when im in a shower or bath so long ( its the heat and steam that does this) i was just wondering if a waterbirth is quite hot and steamy as if it is i ovb cant do it... thanks

This is a good question actually but I don't think you should have a problem. A birth pool needs to be set at 37C/98F. When I first did a trial run of this temp in my own bath I was shocked at how much cooler this was than what I'm used to. I am very much a hot,hot,hot bath and shower taker as well. My biggest concern is that it won't be hot enough! Grab a thermometer and try it as well. Oh! And also I think there would be better ventilation than what you have in your bathroom so you shouldn't be breathing in the steam. You may feel a bit dizzy if you start breathing in the gas and air though, haha. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->