waterproof sheets for cotbed?

GeorgeyGal

Reaction score
Just when I thought I had everything sussed, Im getting in a flap about cotbed sheets, Im planning on using a moses basket and swaddling and then growbagging so would I need a waterproof sheet for then for the cotbed, I have bought one off ebay its cotton on one side and waterproof on the other so do I need to put another fitted sheet on this one and are they safe, are there issues with being breathable etc?

I use the Hippychick breathable ones https://www.hippychick.com/index.cfm/children/Products.Details/product_id/433/subject/fitted_mattress_protector_cot_bed and I put a normal fitted sheet over the top too and don't wash the waterproof one everytime.

They are safe, however if it is a plastic one baby can get rather hot laying on top of it even with a sheet over top. There are ones that feel just like cotton on the upper layer that are usually wet proof and a dust mite cover. I only have one of those because we are using a pack and play with a mattress that isn't water proof already. Lots of mattresses have a plastic or water proof top layer already. You just want to be able to pull off the fitted sheet and wipe up any spill through and get a new fitted sheet on.

Got to say, my son's 2 and we've never yet had a need for waterproof sheets.

Home bargains have them for 2.99 and they look decent quality I got one yesterday

The ones in home bargains are waterproof but with a terry towlling upper so don't look crunchy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->