Waters Breaking - Was there a build up

Pinkfly

Mum of 2 boys & Pink bump
Reaction score
Hey

So after reading quite a few posts about waters breaking - I was wondering ..

Is their some kind of build up like do you know it is going to happen or does it just come out of the blue...:shrug:

I have had my waters broken both times so have never had this...

When I feel the pressure of the bubs head/feet pressing down (you know when you get that sharp shooting pain - I always think my waters will just pop then and thought the same with my other two ....)

xx

My waters broke naturally on my first, i had no build up or any kind of indication it was gonna happen! i got out of bed at 9 one morning and took about 2 steps when gush, they went all over the carpet!! lol

Mine broke after 45 hours of odd contractions.

I was boucing on my ball like a madwomen all the way through. I remember it hit 7pm on the monday night and I said to my OH 'If my waters don't break in the next 5 minutes I give up, Im eating then sleeping'

Well by the 3rd minute I felt a pop, I carried on bouncing the rest of the 2 mins and stodd up and the ball was damp, my knickers were a tiny bit wet. Went upstairs dissapointed sat on the bed, got up to get the phone and WHOOOSSHHHHHH, it was the midwife coincidently seeing how I was lol

Mine went when I was on the toilet at 3am. No warning, just a pop and a gush, couldnt stand up for ages till they stopped gushing lol. Am just so relieved it didn't happen in public, I'd never have been able to hide it!! I remember sitting there thinking about when I'd had my parenting classes and the midwives had said 'it's extremely rare for waters to go in a huge gush so don't worry it'll most likely be a slow trickle' and thinking 'trust me!'.

My waters broke naturally with this last pregnancy, and to be honest I had nothing to tell me thye were going to break...
I had a little bit of show the day before, but I had also had my cervix checked, so thought she had knocked something lose.
That morning all was normal, no contractions, and I went to the bathroom... a little bit of show then next thing you know I was wiping lots of pink discharge away... Went back and I was always wet, could never get dry (must've had a small leak then) then I was standing and chatting with BIL and DH and wham wet everywhere lol... I had to put a towel between my legs to contain it until we got to the hospital.

I woke up at 5.30. coughed and then WHOOOOOOOOOOOOSH they literally came spraying out of me and didn't stop for a good ten minutes! There was absolutely no warning at all!

holy crap iv been telling OH 'Dont worry it wont just happen all of a sudden with a huge gush, its not like in the movies dear...'

LOL...crap, i think iv under-prepared him :rofl:

Wow! Its the 'pop' that freaks me out the most I just cant imagine...

Cant see mine going this time as Like I said they have been broken both times quite far into my labours but I was really intrigued...

Thanks for your replies ladies ;) xx

Wow! Its the 'pop' that freaks me out the most I just cant imagine...

Cant see mine going this time as Like I said they have been broken both times quite far into my labours but I was really intrigued...

Thanks for your replies ladies ;) xx

With both my daughters they had to break my waters at 7cm...

Lol guess James didn't want to wait for them to break them, i was 5cm when I got to the hospital, my water broke 3 1/2 hours before we went there. :)

You never know! Every pregnancy is totally different. :)

My waters broke without any warning at all it was 2am i was on my way back from the toilet stood on the landing and all of a sudden GUSH! got the shock of my life!

Mines broke about 2 hours b4 my baby was born, I actually forgot all about that bit, as I'd been in real labour for about 4 hours, so had other things to think about....It kinda felt like a balloon poping inside of me, but it happened mid nasty contraction, so was a very weird feeling.....gave my boyfriend a shock though, which was priceless as it was a bit of a woosh :)

hee hee :)
Thanks for the replies girls this has really opened my eyes and MrsChamberlin - so you were like me then two broken and then you had them go naturally ...
eeeeeeeek maybe they might go then afterall .... suppose it wil be better than that big blumin knitting needle they use hey ;) xxx

I had no warning just woke up in the night with first contraction, stood up and lost about a pint of liquid all over the carpet! Had to get them cleaned after this. My daughter was born 29 hours later.

mine went while i was asleep in bed at 3.30am. It was only a trickle, thought i may have wet myslef or it was bath water coming out of me:blush: So i went to the toilet to check and there was a bit of blood so knew it was waters. Tried to go back to sleep and then contractions started strait away about 6m apart.
More water came out of me at hopsital at 9ish when they told me id just wet myslef and was having BH. lol. Just after they told me id wet myself instead of it being waters, more came out!

im not looking forward to it possibly being in public, how shameful hehehe

my sisters broke when she was at the hairdressers lol

it was her due date but everyone kept telling her that your first one is always late! she managed to finished getting he hair done and drive herself home!

and then 20 hrs in labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"