• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Waters breaking

ClaireyF

Joshua & Bump to be!
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering what all your experiences were when your waters broke... i have tried googling but not really come up with any nitty gritty answers, everything is just medical.

i have read for some that its a gush, some its a trickle and others don't happen until giving birth...

xx

With two of mine they was broken during labour by the mw ....The last time i was contracting ever 7 mins and wanted a bath and the mw said let me look at you first she did an internal and stated my waters had gone i was like WTF ? i would know well i stood up and gush they went all over then carried on trickling for most of labour with little gushes with each contraction x

My waters broke at home at about 7.40pm. I started getting contractions every 5-7 minutes within 30minutes. I was just sat watching corrie babysitting my 6 month old nephew and I stood up to get something and I felt a warm gush. My first thought was omg Ive wet myself but when it wouldnt stop coming out thats when i realised it was my waters and I panicked lol. I had a hell of alot of water which kept leaking heavily for about 2 hours and then just trickles. Salim was born nearly 22 hours later. It would of been earlier but I had a delayed second stage due to a few other things.It is exciting but nerveracking too. Tc x

with my son i felt fine and actually night before been out for family meal with then partner. woke up as normal, was on my bed and felt some 'wee' obv when your pregnant that's a constant so didn't think much, went toilet and wiped and pulled knickers/jamas up and 'weed' again. which i'll admitwas oddas i hadn'tdone that before after just going loo/no coughing/sneezing/laughing. went back to bed thinkingill change in a min lay down and 'weed' again i remember thinking 'ummmok that's odd' went back to toilet and realised i 'couldn't stop weeing' :o obv i then went crying to then partner and my grandad who at the time was actually putting babys cot up :oand said 'ican't stop weeing' :rofl:

waters after that didn't seem to trickle much, just mostly when i moved positions/sat up right,lay n my back seemed to stop it? contractions never came like they do on tele, i was having random contractions for 2days before they started me off. they were sore and lasted a while but i never really knew they were contractions, just always thought it was something to do with spd/pgp they never read on contraction monitor you see (actually found out when being started off the usual place to measure contractions wasn't actually measuring mine, they had to lower the belt... something the ward midwives hadn't done)... i imagined them to be the worst pain in the world but it wasn't tbh. the worse pain in theworld came when they started me off :p haha

i always thought waters went with a gush, and contractions followed straight away... obviously not though.

xXx

with my first my waters didnt really break and gush, i had a little blood on the tissue when i went to the loo, and then when i got to the hospital they were just VERY slowly trickling out x

mine had to be broken by the midwife when they still hadnt broke and LO's head was appearing!! when she broke them they came with a trickle and not much else - dont really know that i've had noticed if they'd have gone on their own!!

For me kinda it was kinda of a constant fast spurting rather than one huge gush ... you know when your absolutley busting for a wee? :rofl:

Then when i stood up it was a constant dripping and it went all stringy because of my plug coming away, i never did have a bloody show though

i was about 8cm dilated was walking around the delivery suite and felt this drop and a gush of bloody light brown water felt the urge to push straight aftert that had baby within 30mins of waters breaking

on my first, i had just got in to bed to watch forest gump (had just got in from seeing OH) lay down for about 5 mins then gush i ran to the bathroom shouting mum i think me waters have gone, she got out of bed n said yup i think your right since i was stood in a big puddle lol.

on my second, she was brow presenting which meant to she wasnt even engaged, they broke my waters to move her down, which didnt even work tosspots

With my first they popped them sometime during well established labour to speed it up a bit and with my second they went when i was about 8cm dialated naturally, it was a weird feeling like i was gonna pop! For me contractions have always been the first sign its happening xxx

With my first I was sleeping and then a wee whoosh! I knew I hadn't pee'd but was wondering what was going on. Waited for contractions but nothing. It turned out that my wee boy had broke my waters and then moved over and plugged the hole so waters weren't completely broke. This happened another 2 or 3 times. My wee one couldn't make up his mind if he was coming or not!!!

My waters broke friday night after i lost my brown plug thurs.

I got a very bright yellow colour liquor on my panty liner and then sat night i got out of my hospital and had a massive gush so you can get either or both.

If you lie down you can feel it gushing out.

i was 7cm dilated when mine went on the bed, it was a little gush and was really warm, it kept leaking out with every contraction, then at 10cm the mw checked me and said my back water had not gone and she needed to break them.

when your waters have gone though, have a feel of your waist. u feel slim again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"