waters broke at 34 weeks - advice on early induction

kittychip

Reaction score
Hi ladies, my waters went last saturday at 34 weeks , major shock but all ok so far, been in hospital from saturday to wednesday and been monitored daily for signs of infection etc. No major contractions yet just trying to get the little one to hang in there till thursday when I will be 36 weeks. Thats when they plan to induce me. Leaking fluid all the time which is rubbish lol Just wondering if anyone has any experience of early induction. Baby is a good size and they have no major concerns at moment.
Got my sensible head on but getting bit nervous now, apparently it will be a drip induction. Ay experiences out there?

Aww, good luck.I hope everything turns out ok!

Not personally,but a friend of mine had a baby boy a year ago at 34 weeks weighing 5lbs 8oz.
They were in hospital 2 weeks only because he needed to he established feeding.
He is a very healthy and happy 1 year old now.

Must be a stressful time for you, but I am sure everything will be ok.

xx

i was induced at 37+2 but i had the tablet.
hope ur ok hun xx

No experience but hope everything goes ok and wishing you and LO well :hugs:

this happened to me with my eldest now 12 :)

My waters tore high up at 34 weeks and they kept me in hospital for a few days before they induced me first with the gel then the drip. It took 3 days to get my labour going in which time they were fantastic, really great with keeping my comfy and my pain levels manageable, helping me get sleep etc etc.

The contractions from the drip "are" more painful i'm sorry to say - however i found that i managed it without a epidural and with just gas and air (gotta love gas and air) and the best thing i found was conserving my energy during the induction. I stayed mobile but didn't walk miles, rested when my body told me too and listened to the midwives. As you have to be constantly monitored when on a drip it is limiting if you want a natural birth however if you can get a midwife to work with you, you can still stand and sway your hips and keep moving...it does help the labor to move quicker.

They tend to keep a close eye on you so you will have a midwife with you pretty much 24/7, and they will stick a line into your arm for fluids and the syntocin, and as i said before will monitor baby by CTG the whole time.

good luck hun!

Had this experience with both my other children. With my first waters went at 36 but contractions weren't good enough to dilate me, so had to have pitocin drip. Hard part is staying in bed cause they won't let you walk once it is going where I live, so you have a catheter and such. Makes the contractions hurt more but it gets things moving. Took 15 and a half hours to deliver him and ended up needing help of vacuum suction as he got stuck. He was a whopping healthy 7 pounds 11 ounces. With my second, waters went at 35, once again given pitocin to speed me along, had her within 8 and a half hours weighing 5 pounds 11 ounces and healthy. Got to take them both home within 4 days. Both were relatively healthy when born, first only needing oxygen first days and second needed a bili-bed for jaundice. Other than that, they were pretty good. Good luck with your delivery!

Thanks Ladies, I go back in monday for a scan ans examination etc to see whats happening and see if the plan to induce on thursday is still the same. To be honest dont think baby will wait till then, backache and cramps are getting stronger as are the tightnings, lets hope she stays put a few more days.

Thanks again for the advice

I wasnt induced early but my water broke at 37+5 and my contractions werent good enough to get things going and I was GSB postive so they didnt want to leave it. They gave me an IV of fluids and the syntocin. I was still allowed to walk, bathe ect. They came in the room ever 30 minutes and checked baby's heart rate and then left me to do as i pleased again. The contractions from syntocin are quite painful and I couldnt tolerate them but have heard of many women who can.

best of luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->