Waters have broke , We are home :)

Wohoo congratulations that was a quick labour - what a handsome little boy aww love the name too xx

He's beautiful! Xx congratulations!!!

So after a fast easy labour , when Jaxon was 24 hours old he started breathing a bit fast , so they did some bloods which came back positive for infection (I was gbs +) so we were taken to special care we he started antibiotics and had every test under the sun to try pin point the infection , he's had a week of bloods , lumber puncture, u/s X-ray , urine samples taken with needle through his bladder and 3 Iv placements , urine showed a slight uti , other than that no tests have shown positive for meningitis but he is still doing the 12 full days of antis to be safe . It has been tough seeing him go through it all but he's been so strong , he's breastfeeding amazingly and is gaining weight , showing no other signs of infection other than the original blood results . We get to go home for a visit today but back to hospital for bed , hopefully home for good Tuesday if we can get a pump to continue his antibiotics from Home until Saturday , then fingers x we will be all healthy .

Oh gosh what an awful thing for your little man to have to go through! And you to mumma! Fingers crossed hes ok soon and you can take him home.

Bless him. Glad he is on the mend. Sounds like he is doing fantastically x

Oh hun :-( I went through this when Brooke was born, hope you're okay, sending lots of love to you all :hugs: xx

Oh hun :-( I went through this when Brooke was born, hope you're okay, sending lots of love to you all :hugs: xx

How did you cope ? It's so hard to watch him go through all he has , it's been tough and very emotional but hes getting the best care and soon enough it will be over and we can get home . X

How did you cope ? It's so hard to watch him go through all he has , it's been tough and very emotional but hes getting the best care and soon enough it will be over and we can get home . X

He sounds like one tough little cookie. Hoping you are both home soon x

I done a lot of crying & needed a lot of hugs, I remember it well. I was thinking the same as you, she was in the best place & soon it really will be over & you will be home with your family settling into family life. I'm always here if you need to talk xx

Oh hun, it must be so hard for you, but glad they discovered something not right just in time and he is getting best treatment. It will all be over like a bad dream very soon and you'll be home in no time!

I just saw This! (Haven't been on in ages)
Congratulations!!
Hope he makes a speedy recovery x

If he's bf like a trooper, he'll get through this. Take your time when he gets home to bond & enjoy the sight of your little boy. These first weeks have obviously been hectic, so slow down once your whole family is home. Take care of yourself (and LO of course). Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->