Waters POP!...

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hey ladies!

I'm 36+4 (well 36+5 now.. after midnight) in hospital..

Last night I posted about some tinged brown grossness I had.. :haha: and today I had more of the same but clear. I've been having period pains for the last few days.

So around 17.30 I'm sat watching Mr Bean.. baby moves and I feel a sharp pain on my cervix as usual. But a weird feeling came along with it.. and POP! I hear my waters break... I put my hand there.. and out it gushes over the sofa.. (sorry dad!). I walked to the toilet and it just kept coming. Walked back to get clean trousers and a pad and it went all over living room just kept pouring! Over my flip flops :haha:

I called the MW who told me to come in. Started having slight back ache. Waited for 5 hours in triage :wacko: and I was examined and yes indeed my waters had broke and I was 1cm dilated.

They've admitted me onto the ward, alone :growlmad: so feeling pretty lonely! For the last few hours the pains are getting stronger, and sometimes every minute and a half lasting 40 seconds. When I lay down the pains seem to come more far apart so I'm trying to walk but I'm so tired 5am I just want to sleep!

She said they won't examine me until I feel I need more pain relief which I do.. just trying my best to hold out. Hoping I've progressed somewhat.

Please keep me and little one in your prayers ladies. It's all happening... eeeek!!

Crikey that's all a bit sudden, hope you're ok and not alone for long?

Sounds exciting also though!!! Looks like little one wants to meet you earlier than planned!!

Be watching for updates and I hope you are ok xx

Yay exciting good luck :) hope you have some support soon x

They said birthing partner can come back on the ward at 10am unless I've been moved down to delivery suite by then.

When walking around I get about a contraction a minute but laying down about 2 in 10 minutes. They are strong! In my back and legs... and bubba moving makes it hurt more lol!

I'm breathing in for 3, out for 4 and that's really helping as I think I'd panic else.

I need to try and sleep it's 6am and I'm exausted!

Good luck, its lonely without your birthing partner but you sound very strong :). Good luck hun and hope your wee'um is nice to you :). X

That's amazing! Hopefully you'll meet your baby today, sooner rather than later x

Good luck hun. Hope lo won't keep you waiting to long for their arrival

Congrats and good luck!! Bubs is in my prayers.

Everything seemed to happen pretty quickly for you. Hope to get an update soon.

It makes me anxious. I started passing plug yesterday (without blood) and I'm almost 35 weeks. Just shows that your body and baby are ready when they're ready.

Hope you have an easy delivery and know you're not alone. You have the b&b family here

Good luck hun, thinking of you! I hope you can get some company soon xxxxx

Thinking of you, hope you have your wee baby in your arms soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"