Ways to induce labor!

Pulirula

Reaction score
Okay I got permission from my Dr to try my best to get this gremlins out. She,said sex and castor oil if I dared (which I don't lol) well hubs and I haven't had,sex in months. He's terrified he's too to hurt the,baby or the baby will feel him. Any positions suggestions that would be easiest on hubs? After sex do I lay on my back like when trying to get pregnant?
Any other advice on pushing this along? I'm 39 weeks as of Thursday

There are essential oils that people take to induce labor - not sure exactly which ones but I'm sure you could find out. I used raspberry leaf tea (not the artificially flavored stuff but the kind that you heat on the stove) to put me into labor in my last pregnancy. I drank 2-3 glasses a day and it helped bring on contractions. As to positions during sex we can only do either doggie style or side lying because all other positions are just too uncomfortable with a big belly in the way.

Lol I'm due on the 11th and my mom is having a party on the 20th for him so he's better be here by then! Will a Dr do a membrane sweep if I ask?

There are things you can try, sex, walking, and squats. But they don't always work.

DH and I have sex at least every other day and nothing going on, so it isn't guaranteed. We also DTD almost every day or every other day from 35 weeks until delivery with DD, and still had to be induced for medical reasons.

Hubs works 10+ hour days so by time he gets home sex is last on his mind. Mine also since I am taking care of our 7 yr old and packing up stuff for our move next month. I just want to cry because I'm so uncomfortable and miserable.

I've heard going on long walks and eating lots of pineapple helps, but those are probably old wives tales. Both are worth a shot though!

Sadly baby will come when they are good and ready or when evicted (induced) I tried EVERYTHING with my two and I was still induced twice at 42 weeks :dohh:

I cannot go near a pineapple after DD as I ate so much of it eugh :sick:

Good luck

Sex from behind (doggy style) with lots of pillows under me is all I'll do in late pregnancy. Not only does it keep OH off of my belly, but it gets the sperm closest to my cervix to help ripen. I get labor to start by having a fun, relaxing day. After I truly relax and feel all the stress and anxiety leave my body, I go right into labor. Provided baby is truly ready!

Hi I have a suggestion!!

When I was pregnant with #3 I was overdue and midwife told me to roll breast nipples, stimulate them to release oxytocin in your body.
You stimulate them until you feel a contraction, then stop until contraction stops, then go again and repeat until you have some good contractions:winkwink:
It might work and it might not but it started my labor only 10 minutes after I did this. 2 hours later i was 4 cm dilated:happydance:

It's worth a try:winkwink: Good luck lady:winkwink:

The thing about all the home remedies for starting labor is they'll only work IF your body is ready for them to work. I've heard so many methods though.

-rubbing clary sage essential oil on the back of your ankles
-nipple massage
-drinking raspberry leaf tea
-taking evening primrose oil capsules
-walking/squatting/sitting on a birthing ball
-eating pineapple
-sex

And I'll tell you right now that none of them have worked for me. I went into spontaneous labor with DS and had him at 37+1 without doing anything different. I had DD at 37+3 again not doing anything out of the ordinary to start labor. With LO, I drank 1 QUART of raspberry leaf tea every day from 32 weeks on and thought it was horribly ironic that I went longer with her than I had before. She was born at 38+1. :dohh:

This time, I'm just going to go with the flow and we'll see when bubs decides to arrive. I may drink my RLT but it's because I actually like the flavor of it (I brew it as lightly sweetened sun tea), not because it helps with my labor or starts contractions.

Hi I have a suggestion!!

When I was pregnant with #3 I was overdue and midwife told me to roll breast nipples, stimulate them to release oxytocin in your body.
You stimulate them until you feel a contraction, then stop until contraction stops, then go again and repeat until you have some good contractions:winkwink:
It might work and it might not but it started my labor only 10 minutes after I did this. 2 hours later i was 4 cm dilated:happydance:

I've done this twice now this week and both times it's started pretty good contractions quite quickly but first time they petered out pretty quickly but tonight they've kept coming albeit quite weak but we will see how it goes! Also DTD so hoping that will also help!

Okay I got permission from my Dr to try my best to get this gremlins out. She,said sex and castor oil if I dared (which I don't lol) well hubs and I haven't had,sex in months. He's terrified he's too to hurt the,baby or the baby will feel him. Any positions suggestions that would be easiest on hubs? After sex do I lay on my back like when trying to get pregnant?
Any other advice on pushing this along? I'm 39 weeks as of Thursday

I tried sex, pineapple juice, spicy food, bumpy car rides you name it, nothing worked - except walking everywhere in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. With DS2 we didn't have a car and in the 48 hours before he arrived, hubby and I walked everywhere because we didn't have much of a choice. I was in labour by 38+1 and all the midwife could put it down to was all that walking!

If you have had a sweep done then a couple of gel caps of Evening Primrose Oil up by the cervix is supposed to kick-start labour. Raspberry leaf tea is also suppose to be good. Nipple and clitoral stimulation has been said to work. So glad you didn't try castor oil as that can be dangerous!!

Hi I have a suggestion!!

I've done this twice now this week and both times it's started pretty good contractions quite quickly but first time they petered out pretty quickly but tonight they've kept coming albeit quite weak but we will see how it goes! Also DTD so hoping that will also help!

All fizzled out again, guess my body must not be ready to have this baby yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->