Ways to tell OH

Talia12

Reaction score
Just ran across two ladies talking about ways to tell OH you're pregnant when it happens and thought that was a cute idea! (I'm sure there are a ton of old threads on this already).

My son was a major surprise BFP when we'd given up TTC several months previously (and embarked on some seriously not child friendly life ventures :dohh: ) and I was too shocked to even think of a fun way to tell him. I basically just sat him down on the sofa when he got back from work and said "I'm pregnant". Originality score: Zero!
Now I thought I could while away some time while TTC dreaming of cute ways to tell him when we hopefully get another one. (I never tell him before that I'm testing).
Have any of you done anything cute to announce it to him, or have any ideas?

Just ran across two ladies talking about ways to tell OH you're pregnant when it happens and thought that was a cute idea! (I'm sure there are a ton of old threads on this already).

My son was a major surprise BFP when we'd given up TTC several months previously (and embarked on some seriously not child friendly life ventures :dohh: ) and I was too shocked to even think of a fun way to tell him. I basically just sat him down on the sofa when he got back from work and said "I'm pregnant". Originality score: Zero!
Now I thought I could while away some time while TTC dreaming of cute ways to tell him when we hopefully get another one. (I never tell him before that I'm testing).
Have any of you done anything cute to announce it to him, or have any ideas?

Ahh I love this post

I have thought about this and saved pictures of ideas, I'll attach some now.
I've not been blessed with a baby yet so haven't had the excitement of doing it but I'll definitely do something like this

This isn't too adventurous but still nice

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161010-193828.jpg
    Screenshot_20161010-193828.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 27
I love this

Attachments

• 20161104_195130.jpg
    20161104_195130.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
Simple but cute

Attachments

• 20161104_195114.jpg
    20161104_195114.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 9
I like one, quite funny

Attachments

• 20161104_195151.jpg
    20161104_195151.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
Though I haven't even had a squinter,I already had a baby grow made months ago that says "I am proof that daddy doesn't golf ALL the time" (DH plays a lot of golf) and am planning to one day give it to him wrapped up in a little box that he opens while I secretly film him. Also playing with the idea of adding a little seed that is the same size as the egg when I tell him with a sign that says "our baby is this size currently" in case he doesn't get the idea from the baby grow

Though I haven't even had a squinter,I already had a baby grow made months ago that says "I am proof that daddy doesn't golf ALL the time" (DH plays a lot of golf) and am planning to one day give it to him wrapped up in a little box that he opens while I secretly film him. Also playing with the idea of adding a little seed that is the same size as the egg when I tell him with a sign that says "our baby is this size currently" in case he doesn't get the idea from the baby grow

Wow I love this idea

Makes me feel better that I sit wondering how I'm going to break the news

Well us ladies need something to keep our heads busy while waiting out this ttc business!

We cloth diaper . Im gunna put a newborn cloth diaper and the positive test in and small box in our mail box addressed to him . And just casually mention he should get the mail .

So cute! I love the dog one 😍
Because I already have a LO I was thinking I'd probably do a "big brother" type announcement, but these are way cuter and more creative haha. The golf baby grow one is really cute and extra because you know the baby will actually wear it :)

With our first I just started crying when he said over the phone "you're pregnant" (not actually knowing that I was) and said "not for long" because I had started spotting that afternoon (left over IB, but I didn't know that at the time). The next day he asked if I was still spotting and brought home flowers and a mommy to be card. I couldn't read it right away because I knew I'd start bawling the second I did :haha:

With DS, he was a surprise, so I was honestly terrified to tell DH, especially as he doesn't do well with change and I had just quit my job to go back to school. I actually sent a pic of the positive test to my mom's work email asking her to call me. I was more scared of his reaction than the fact that I was going to be pregnant in school. I didn't know when or how to tell him. I told him the next morning. I knew I wouldn't be able to get the words out, so I got up early with him and showed him a picture of the positive test and watched as the hilarity unfolded (we laughed about it about an hour later and sti.ll laugh about it today).

This one... if we manage to be successful (trying this one time only before we wait a couple of years)... it depends on when I test and if it's positive. My birthday is coming up and DH keeps asking what I want for my birthday. I only ever say "to be pregnant" to which he rolls his eyes and says that doesn't count. So if I can manage to hold off on testing until my birthday and it's positive, after my clincal in the afternoon/evening I'm going to buy a gift bag or box before heading home and tell him I got an unexpected gift, and then "open" it, pulling out the positive test.

If I manage to get a positive before or after then, then I have no idea, but I want it to be fun and cute since I couldn't do that with our first 2 and just in case my body doesn't hold out for a 4th down the road.

With DD I was testing just before his birthday so I wrapped a positive hpt up with his present for him to open the morning of his birthday.

When we do fall again I'm thinking of possibly letting DD tell him but I'm still undecided at the moment.

Aww I love this thread!

We haven't told anyone we are TTC, so as DH is the only one who knows I really don't think I'd be able to surprise him and I'd probably just blurt it out! Haha

I do constantly dream about how we are going to tell our parents and siblings as they are all desperate for us to have a baby!

My OH's and I's routine is to have a cup of tea together when he gets in from work and he likes to drink from a mug that our DS decorated for him so I plan to write Daddy x2 or some similar message like Father of 2 on the inside with a sharpie (google sharpie mugs, you can write and put them in the oven and it doesn't wash away) so that he sees when he finishes his cup of tea

This is great. We've been tryinv for a long time so i know i have to do something over the top when the time comes. I always liked the present idea, but i also know he'd love to see that test magic happen. He often checks my opk and charts.

Littlefishy that is adoorbbss!!! I might have to steal that!

I'm hoping to buy a book about being a big sister and have DD bring it to him to read to her (and hopefully sneakily film him...failed at being sneaky last time so he acted all akward cuz he gets uncomfortable when being filmed)

Also funny I just posted a very similar thread in the tww trying to distract myself from testing again haha. Didn't realize there was one here.

I like the idea of filming! I'm going to try that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->