We all need to stay off Google!

Christinee

Reaction score
Ok so I have been driving my self crazy because of Google. I google everything and it's got me to be a paranoid mess. i was up unitl 2AM with my phone googling all kinds of stuff and by the end I was feeling like I was doomed. We all fear for the worst, but I need to relax and just go with it. I didn't do this with my daughter and i had the easier pregnancy ever. Some things are ok to google because we need to know some stuff, but I don't think obsessing over it is probably a good thing. lol

I agree 200% I need to be banned from google my husband said.

google was the death of me during my 1st trimester. I've stopped googling as much now and usually only google ultrasound pics for the week I'm in or things to let me know how big baby is this week. So far much less stressed!

Totally agree!! I am a google-aholic, and I can't seem to quit. Lol my doctor even told me to cut it out because it was just causing undue stress.

Definitely. I'm worried enough with the knowledge I already have! I don't think I need any more information to be concerned about. Come on second tri!

1000%!! When I was pregnant with DD I was constantly googling. Reading peoples threads/posts on the forum didn't help either at times in honesty! I am trying to stay relaxed & worry free with this pregnancy. I have the mind set of what's meant to be will be although i don't want to experience anything negative xx

Its so hard is`nt it.. my doctor told me to stay off Google too but im always on the look out for reassurance ... I thought id be ok after seeing a heartbeat at 7weeks2 but nope...

Google is the worst... I was crazy for it with my daughter! This time... Not so much. Feel a bit bored as I'm really laid back at the moment! At least being neurotic helps pass the time lol x

Totally!!!! We saw the baby and the heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days and I felt really great for a few days to a week - but now I am all worried and paranoid again :( I have no reason to be really - just cant wait for my 2nd scan on Wednesday. Need to see that baby again!!! I'm constantly googling stuff and I need to stop cuz some of the things I read make me even more paranoid!

Totally!!!! We saw the baby and the heartbeat at 6 weeks 4 days and I felt really great for a few days to a week - but now I am all worried and paranoid again :( I have no reason to be really - just cant wait for my 2nd scan on Wednesday. Need to see that baby again!!! I'm constantly googling stuff and I need to stop cuz some of the things I read make me even more paranoid!

This is me 100000% I'll be okay for about a week then I'll get paranoid again.

Hi. I totally agree that you shouldn't obsess over Google but I would say, I got some weird symptoms when I was pregnant with my son at 38+5. All it was was intensely ichy hands and feet. I googled it and ot came up with a number of links for something called 'Obstetric Cholestasis'. Its a liver disorder in pregnancy which is dangerous for mother and can cause stillbirth. It's generally only this dangerous after 37 weeks but given I was 38+5, I panicked! After phoning my midwife I was urgently sent to hospital and induced within a few hours. In the end my son was born at 39+1 completely healthy by emergency c section and my body went back to predisorder normality wothin a few days.

Anyway, all im trying to say is, while obsessive googling is definitely not helpful, googling your concerns can be useful. Had I not googled my symptoms, its not likely my disorder would have been picked up and the outcome may have been drastically different. So my advice is, go with your gut and if you are really worried (post frantic googling session), phone your midwife. Its better to be safe than sorry. Xx

Amen to that! I can't even count how many times I just knew I had cancer... Or some horrid deathly disease .... Pregnant or not .... Never ever google your symptoms !!!!!

Agreed!! It would be nice if there were more lighthearted threads about just random pregnancy life stuff.. Not always the doomed version. but yeah - google can be super consuming..:)

Google is evil. I spotted throughout my first trimester. Google had me convinced that I was having an ectopic pregnancy. Lol. I'm 24 weeks tomorrow, so don't worry. Trust your doctor's and MW not Google. Lol.

Agree. Google is beyond evil :) MamaLa... I just got my very first BFP on Saturday. I'm cautiously excited as I have been spotting for about a week. I just took another FRER and the 2nd line is still dark. I have had the spotted before AF before so I'm scared it's going to come! AF was due to come tomorrow or Wednesday. Calling the doc tomorrow... Any thoughts or experience on spotting??

I like the google. It can be evil sometimes, but I have a lot of interest in the human body and I enjoy reading google scholar studies. I just try to have a good sense of humor about things and laugh at myself. But, I can see how it can make ya cray cray.

I actually found youtube quite disturbing. I was following the rabbit and it took me to a very dark place. One video seemed all happy but had a horrible ending... I did not sign up for that!!! I was torn up for a few days after that.

I have been googling my butt off, when I'm not at work or passed out on the couch. I havent seen my lil bubs yet just the gest sac and I'm terrorizing myself with google and all the what ifs that go wrong in the first tri... But my next scan is in 3days so praying to God all is well!

Agreed +1000, but for some reason I can't fight the urge to see others' experiences, good or bad! I need to go to GoogleAA because as I'm typing this, I'm thinking about googling Fetal Development at 5 weeks lol!! It's a sad, sad case I have but you guys are right, it will make you crazy and overanalytical!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->