We are all different... (a bit long. Sorry)

Dollface

Thank you Jesus!
Reaction score
So why does everyone have to compare themselves? :shrug:

Everyone I have talked to has given me the same story: "THAT never happened to ME when I was pregnant."

No one has EVER had cramping, sore boobs after the 1st tri, wacky hair growth... It makes me think something is wrong, cause I'm the only one having these symptoms...

Even my gf, each time I try and tell her that I'm having ligament pains, or if she pushes hard on my belly, it feels like I can feel my uterus getting smushed, she looks at me with that same smirky grin and says she never had that happen. SO FUCKING WHAT?! :growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

All my family members who have had a baby (all of the girls except my daughter, as I am late to the party :blush:) tell me about their pregnancies, and FINALLY, I get to tell some of my own. Except, mine are totally different, and they act like I'm an alien. So I didn't marry a man and have many babies with him like they all did. Wasn't my thing, but hey, to each their own, right? NOPE! I get laughed at because even though I chose a clinical route to getting pregnant (ICI, basically, and lots of straight women do this too) they say I used a turkey baster, and make fun of me. :cry: I am proud of my choice not to go the typical route, becasue I would not "step out" on my gf for any reason. Not even to have a baby, which is all I ever wanted in my life. But, I did do it very professionally, clean, and NOT with a stupid baster! I know it shouldn't matter what others say, but when they are laughing in your already hormonal face, and saying that they told their friends (who you have never met) and having a good old time joking about it, it hurts.

Regardless of what "tool" actually got me inseminated, this baby was made out of love and compassion between me and my gf. She was VERY much wanted and planned a lifetime for. That's all that really matters. I just wish the stupid people would shut up.

:hugs: people are total arses. That's really all I have to say on that subject! They are so obsessed with telling you their stories. Chin up darling, you know this baby will be so well loved- who cares how it got there! Tell any 5 year old how men and ladies make babies and they think it's disgusting! Haha
I remember thinking men pee'd into a ladies belly button to make her pregnant... :blush: xx

Oh you poor thing. People can be so horrid. Just remind yourself that your baby is very much wanted and they are just showing their own ignorance if they are making stupid and insensitive comments about turkey basters. Unfortunately, people sometimes think they are saying something funny or as a joke, but it's not so much fun if you are on the receiving end. We talk to one of my relatives on skype and she now always refers to me as 'the fat lady'. I wish she wouldn't, but I don't say anything.... I know it is only because I have a big bump (I was UK size 8-10 pre-pregnancy) but it really doesn't make me feel that great, given that I've put on nearly two and a half stone!

Hope you feel better soon - oh and ignore people who make comments about 'I didn't have this, I didn't have that' etc. I had cramping all the way through the first trimester and ligament pains all the way through the second and into the third. I only started feeling better at 33 weeks when I stopped working - I just couldn't manage the journey anymore, was in pain all the time, etc. People can be very thoughtless I'm afraid.

I don't get why your method of conceiving is amusing? People are dumb...ignore them. As for things happening to you that never happened to others...I've encountered the same thing and it does get really tiring for people to be telling you how THEIR pregnancy went and how yours will be the same. Like, I know hormones in pregnancy make you hotter, etc but I'm so tired of people telling me how miserable I'm going to be in the summer and how dumb it was for me to plan to be due Mid August...so far...I've been fine. Yesterday was 94 degrees. It was uncomfortable, but I was no more uncomfortable than I would be had I not been pregnant. And as far as I can tell, my OH was wayyyy more uncomfortable than me!

Keep your chin up and ignore stupidity.

dont take any notice!! if i even say i have a cramp by auntie looks at me as if im lying...it really bothers me! as for the hair growth. i have gotten hair all aorund my belly button and neevr had hair there..hope it goes after im pregnant! i have to get my bf to shave me all the time everywhere as i cant see what im doing and then few days later its grown again.so annoying! as for the way you got pregnant i dont think people should be slagging you off. it doesnt matter what way you are having this baby you and your gf obviously really want it and are going to love your baby no matter what so all them people need to grow up!

take no bloody notice of them and keep ya chin up dont let them see they are bothering you just humour them let it go in one ear and out the other :)

wait until baby is here it gets even worse! my friend was comparing her 6 month old to my newborn, oh x can roll over can y roll over .. . no he is 2 weeks old . . . oh x is drinking 6 times a day 250ml is y drinking that much . .nohe is 2 weeks old . . oh x sleeps 10-6am is y doing that . . . no he is sleeping 7-7 . what! well well x is eating solid foods is y . . . no he is 2 weeks old

i could go on for hours

i would honestly either ignore or confront, if you confront then you will release all this built up tension if you decide they are not worth the effort then let it go and enjoy the flow of calm xkx

It's human nature to do this... if it was not pregnancy, it would be something else. Men compare careers and penises. Grandmothers compare diseases and mobility levels. Teenage girls compare boobs and clothes.

Regardless, you should ignore people's opinions on your choices, especially if you know your choices are right. Even if it's family. I say f' 'em.

In my opinion, if they say the didn't have any weird "symptoms" of pregnancy or aches or pains then they are lying! Some women make pregnancy and parenting a competition! Tell them to bugger off x:hugs:

thats so true what mummysarah said! you would def feel like it was a competition the way some people go on!
can you guys tell me why i cant quote someones message in my reply. only new to this and am usless with forums half the time :)

take no bloody notice of them and keep ya chin up dont let them see they are bothering you just humour them let it go in one ear and out the other :)

here here!!!

my cousin is gay and has revealed to me that she'd love a baby sometime in the future, i offered her my husbands little blighters if need be as his are in top form... he said he'd be delighted to offer his services to my very pritty cousin hmmm!!

you should be able to do it hun... click quote in the persons message you want to quote, then when that mes appears in its own reply box scroll down and right click so you get a cursor then start typing...hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->