We are going to have to stop b/fing this month *cry* .....

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
So i am going back to work in a month's time and i have never been able to express off more than 1oz (2 at the max) of milk at a time, so its going to be have to be formula.

I am feeling really sad that our feeding is coming to an end :cry:

Amelia is only on 3 or 4 feeds a day i am hoping to still do the night feed, and maybe the first feed in the morning but maybe she won't want it any more after she gets formula?

Has anyone got to this point and decided its time to stop?

I am not quite sure how to go about stopping her feeds and giving her the bottles....do i even give her bottles ?

If i do sometimes feed her myself say the bedtime feed won't that muck things up? gah it's hard i'm not sure what to do, especially when things were getting soooo easy....

:cry::cry:

I'm in the same situation. I'm going back to work on 1 June, so we introduced FF to Harry and have been slowly increasing the number of bottles he has each day. I spoke to the health visitor about it all. She said that a lot of mums FFd their babies all day, but just BFd once/twice a day - like, once in the morning, once in the evening, and that it can be done because boobs just adapt and produce enough milk to feed that often. I'm hoping this is the case, although i'm not sure my boobs will produce enough to give Harry his final night feed. They already seem to have dramatically reduced in the amount of milk they produce.

you have both done so amazingly well.ni hope a booby mum can help you. xx

caggimedicine - it sucks going back to work but needs must. I am like you with the final night feed, although Amelia is on 3 meals a day of solids i still don't think he final night feed from me will fill her up enough, she still isn't sleeping through the night! Maybe one good thing will come of stopping the breastfeeds, she might sleep all 10/12hours in one go?!

Try her on a cup maybe rather than a bottle, because I think it is after 9 months ish that you start trying to give milk feeds in cups and she is nearly that old anyway.

I'm stopping just becuase I want to rather than have to. Also my baby is used to a bottle because he has got either a bottle of formula or expressed milk nearly every day since he was a month old.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"