We got a house :D

A

annawrigley

I'm soo happy :D
Been getting really stressed looking cos I need to be out of here by 10th March. And today I met the landlady for the new one and she said its all fine for me to move in asap :happydance:
Its not perfect but it'll do us for the next few years :) I cant wait to make it our own little home!! Added some pics
xx

Attachments

• 51547_113335_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51547_113335_IMG_01_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 51547_113335_IMG_02_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51547_113335_IMG_02_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 51547_113335_IMG_03_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51547_113335_IMG_03_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 51547_113335_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51547_113335_IMG_04_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 51547_113335_IMG_05_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    51547_113335_IMG_05_0000_max_620x414.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 44
Ace!
Can i just ask, do you go with agency's (the ones with the signs up) or do you go private? Do you know if angencies accept HB? x

Thats stunning!

God Im so jealous, it seems so much easier to get a place of your ow in the UK compared to the US.

Aw looks lovely, hope you and Noah will be really happy there!

looks great!! pleased you found somewhere :flower:

Hope you and Noah are happy there :)

Anna, it's sooo beautiful! So happy for you and Noah, that's fabulous! I'm jealous, that's for sure! Congrats! :hugs:

Ace!
Can i just ask, do you go with agency's (the ones with the signs up) or do you go private? Do you know if angencies accept HB? x

Umm.. Both! Haha... Its private rented but the agencies advertise them... I look on rightmove.co.uk which has all the houses/flats from all the agencies... Made a search for within my price range, and area, 2-3 bedroom, and it sent me emails every time something new came on. If it looked half decent and was in the right area for me I'd ring up the agent and ask 1) Does the landlord accept children? 2) Does the landlord accept HB? Pretty damn hard finding people that accept both! But some do... Theres no specific agency that accepts HB cos its down to the landlord usually. You just have to ring about each property you're interested in and ask.

I hope thats what you meant or i'll feel like a tool explaining it all :lol:

Thanks! That's what i meant, i was a tad bit confused with agencies, i've been on rightmove they have a lot on there which look good, we aren't moving for a while since we only moved in march but i was just wondering for if we did move, we get part housing benefit as we are on a low income and some landlords don't accept that either x

Thanks! That's what i meant, i was a tad bit confused with agencies, i've been on rightmove they have a lot on there which look good, we aren't moving for a while since we only moved in march but i was just wondering for if we did move, we get part housing benefit as we are on a low income and some landlords don't accept that either x
Don't accept what, a low income? If thats what you mean yeah you're right and you'll need to either pay 6 months rent up front (if you happen to have that kind of money sitting around! :haha:) or have someone be your guarantor. My dad is mine. Basically the requirements for a guarantor are different with every agency/landlord (i think :shrug:) but with this house they require he earns over £20k a year. Sometimes they just require a stable job (decently paid) or something but they ask for references and stuff x

Don't accept what, a low income? If thats what you mean yeah you're right and you'll need to either pay 6 months rent up front (if you happen to have that kind of money sitting around! :haha:) or have someone be your guarantor. My dad is mine. Basically the requirements for a guarantor are different with every agency/landlord (i think :shrug:) but with this house they require he earns over £20k a year. Sometimes they just require a stable job (decently paid) or something but they ask for references and stuff x

I meant part housing benefit :haha: oh right hopefully then i can get my dad to do that, i don't know how much he earns exactly though xx

Thats stunning!

God Im so jealous, it seems so much easier to get a place of your ow in the UK compared to the US.

i know right? And the places we do get look like they might fall down any minute. :(

thats the most beautiful house ever!! congrats Anna :)

It looks amazing!

I am going through a hormonal night atm and I almost cried about how jealous I am. I can't wait to get my own place! Your so lucky. I hope you and Noah are happy there!

It s a cute little house! I wish we had apartments like that in the us that were afforable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->