We had our first scan today (private - early viability scan))

Serenyx

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
I have been nervous about this pregnancy given how long we were ttc for and the fact I have mc'd in the past, so we booked in for a private early viability scan.

Well we went for the scan today and it has helped ease my mind a bit :) You could clearly see the pregnancy sac with an embryo inside and the sonographer kept pointing out the heartbeat to us (although neither myself nor my husband could actually see the heartbeat, but I trust her that it was there). According to the doctor I should be 8 + 6 based on my LMP, but I have had such irregular periods (and am never normally 28 days either) that based on the scan they have estimated me to be about 8 + 1.

I know the risk of mc decreases further once a heartbeat has been heard, so I needed this little bit of reassurance. I have my 12 week scan on the 14th December (although I will actually only be 11 + 4 now).

At least I can relax slightly and start to enjoy it - I know we aren't out of the woods yet, but this is positive news :flower:

Congratulations. The scans are just magical aren't they?!

Congratulations! I had my '12 week' scan at 11w6d and they were able to see everything they were looking for. They also did the NT test at then too. I think as long as you are more than 11.5 weeks it is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->