We Have to Move Out!

21p1eco

WTT #4
Reaction score
I am so sad, we have to leave our lovely 2 bedroom flat and move back home Devon to live with my partners mum. I got fired for being pregnant in july and couldnt find a job so my partner has been trying to pay for everything but we just cant afford it anymore :cry:

I was looking forward to having our own flat to start a family in when baby Jamie arrives xmas eve(ish), and i love us being independant from our families. It is a 2 story house that are moving to and partners mum has a lounge and bedroom upstairs, downstairs is 2 bedrooms and a lounge, as well as the bathroom and kitchen. If we had the downstairs bedrooms and lounge to ourselves it would be great, we would have some independance still and we would have enough room cos we have so much stuff! However partners sister has one of the rooms and wont move out and live with her friend like she wanted to, she has it too comfy there. We are going to have to fit into everything into one room! from a 2 bed flat!!!

I should mention that partners sister and i hate each other and do not even speak at all. I am not going to feel at home at all and have to bring a baby up in these surroundings for 9 months until we move back to southampton. I wont go in the lounge if she is there, i'll be stuck in my bedroom all the time! I'm so mad that she wont move out, partner says she will probably at some point but thats no guarantee! But theres nothing i can do, no one else has the room for us!

It's going to be so hard being a new mum, i dont want to deal with all of this at the same time, i want my own space! Advice please anyone?

can you register with a housing association for a new property with discounted rent?? apply for council tax help and are you getting all the benefits you are entitled too?? what about finiding a one bed flat for the two of you... still be smaller but would be independant and youd have living space and kitchen etc all to yourself?

Other half still cant afford to pay all the rent, and his credits cards, his car and my credit cards as well. I am not entitled to any benefits, we have applied for them but he earns too much apparantly, no way near enough to keep us afloat though... Getting a smaller flat would only save us £150 a month, not enough to make it worth doing...

Take your employers to court?! How did they get away with firing you for being pregnant?

:hugs: x

My partner wants to sue but i dont want to go through all that hassle. They said it was because i couldn't cope and wasnt enjoying the job, i was still in my probabtionary period, but she said after i had the baby i could come back if i wanted, so that is the real reason. She already had 2 pregnant girls and didnt want another one i reckon.

not the point tho hun u could screw them for every penny they have....ITS AGAINST THE LAW TO SACK SOMEONE FOR BEING PREGNANT!

I think it's foolish not to sue. You are obviously in the right and the employer is wrong. Good luck!

What happened between you and the sister? Could you patch things up?

What about looking for another job, then claiming maternity allowance?

Rent a smaller flat in a different area?

His sister and i have never got on, she is horrible person, very loud, always complaining and doesnt care about anyone elses feelings, and the kind of person who thinks she is perfect. I cant stand her.

To get maternity allowance i need a job this week or i wont have worked 26 weeks before i have the baby and dont qualify, and no one will hire me anyway!

I needed a job by the 20th, so i've given up looking. i have no where near enough unless i work from now until i have the baby.

That's really tough :hugs:

being fired for being pregnant, probationary period or not, is against the law - I hope that you take them to court, because companies like that need to be put out of business.

Good luck finding housing you're comfortable with - are there any temp agencies or anything that you could find employment through until you have baby to supplement additional income? I know we have plenty here that love hiring pregnant women for desk jobs and such because normally they only need you for a couple months... (or a mat leave cover ;))

You can still get maternity allowance if you've worked 26 weeks out of the last 66 they dont all have to be in a row, so you may still be entitled - check here and it will give you your test period based on your due date etc

https://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/Customers/WorkingAgeBenefits/Dev_008115.xml.html

I would apply for council housing if I were you, and look into seeing if you can get the interest frozen on your credit cards and make reduced payments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->