''we never say for sure but..''

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
when you had your ultra sound, did anyone elses sono say '' we never say for sure what the sex is.. but it looks like a girl/boy''
Thats what mine said, she said ''through the entire scan i have not seen any boy bits''
so i asked if it was definately a girl, and she said they never say for sure but it looks like it could be a girl.

Now im paranoid she got it wrong, i got so much pink baby stuff! lol
xxx:hug:

They do say this because they can get it wrong 1 in 20 times.Mine said this when i had my daughter it's because girls are harder to tell than boys.

Yes - I was told the same. And I was paranoid she got it wrong too, lol.

So I went for a 4D scan just to have 1 more look, and you can see much much clearer.

i think they say that so they wont get into trouble for getting it wrong

if they don't put a disclaimer in and are wrong you can sue them lol

Yeah - the doctor said to be "These 3 lines suggest it is a girl!" The 3 lines were so bloody clear it was obvious she is a girl - but they have to be careful as someone may sue!

Although me and hubby cannot comprehend why someone would even consider suing the hospital for getting the sex of your baby wrong, surely you'll be too happy to have your little baby?

xxx

I asked how sure the sonographer was at my scan and she laughed at me and said she was 100% sure (it was pretty obvious :rofl:)

I can see why they would say that though - but they're not usually wrong! x

They didnt say this to me as we were all so sure he was a boy, Even i could see the boy bits and im no expert! But i think they say that to cover there own backs if they cant tell 100%. If its possible you could get a 4D scan to check again in more detail and the scans themselfs are really worth the money.

I know what you mean about why would some one sue the hosp it seems so unfair but they all have to do it now! I have never found out the sex before so I am looking forward to it this time. I know I will having many more scans for them to check so I will probs ask every time xxx

Yeh they have to say that just incase! They were right for me first time round so im not to worried! They do these scans day in day out so they know woth to look for!!

Nope they didnt say to me either ... all i got was "she's definatley a girl, thats a textbook shot right there" and the lady took a piccy lol

i think they have to say it like that because there is a chance its wrong. Although mines was correct the first time

They said exactly the same with me! I figured if she turns out to be a boy she'll (he'll) just have to wear pink, as I've got lotsa pink too!! hahah!

when i asked i got ' I think it's a boy but i cant really be sure'
We didnt go by it as it wasnt enough to go by, so we booked a private scan which confirmed it was actually a boy :)

mine just pointed at the screen and said there's the pemis and there's the scrotum lol

Mine was also very confident that we were having a girl :D

Mine said the same thing....no worries hun, I do not think they would say boy or girl unless they knew for sure.

:hugs:

Congratz! We have all girlie stuff now too so we know how you feel. God we're gonna be so embarrassed taking everything back to mothercare if its a boy hahahaha

For me- she confirmed it 100% , snapped a photo of his manhood and sent me happily on my way. Maybe they do it different here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"