we think doctor "forgot" to refer us...

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by daisyboo, Apr 14, 2009.

1. daisyboo

daisyboo Pregnant with no.1

and am quite upset about.

We went to see our doctor 2 weeks ago yesterday and after 2 sets of test for h and i and she decided to refer us to a FS.

I kept telling H that it would probably take awhile for us to hear anything, but surprisingly he was a bit impatient and i suppose he is psychic now, as they could not see on our notes anything about the referral!!

This doctor was not in today, but they were leaving her a message to contact us.

I'm just praying that she did and we haven't wasted 2 weeks thinking a letter was going to come.
    :cry:

2. tansey

tansey Finally a Mummy!

This happened to us - i contacted doc on 16th March and had to contact her again 2nd April and get her to fax a letter there and then and got the clinic to confirm they had it! Totally understand what you are going through - keep chasing it!

3. daisyboo

oh! im sorry for you but glad were not the only ones!

i don't even know what clinic it'll be, would it be at the hospital that i went to have my bloods done?

xx

4. rachelle1975

rachelle1975 And then there were 3!!

Ahh hun i'm sorry.
    I know when we got referred we were told it takes about 4 weeks to hear back and it did - then another couple of months for our appt.
    Hope you hear back soon :hugs:

5. Farie

Farie Well-Known Member

Hey honey

I was 'referred' over 3 and a half weeks ago .. still waiting to hear something ...........................................

Dr can be VERY slow

:grr: :grr:

6. CareBear

CareBear Is considering whats next

This happened to me as well, I chased the consultants secretary and she chased my surgery as did I and got the paperwork faxed through, the secretary then squeezed me in for an appointment a couple of weeks later.

7. daisyboo

cheers ladies, h will call again tomorrow to chase them, he is so much calmer and polite about these things, i'd just bite their heads off!

8. rachelle1975

rachelle1975 And then there were 3!!

If you have a look at your local hospital on the web - it will tell you where your local assisted conception unit is - my local hospital did my bloods but they don't do fertility there so we had to go another 5 miles out x

9. CurlySue

CurlySue P.I's Mummy

Happened to us. It sometimes takes awhile for the paperwork to get onto the system. You have been referred to a different department, most likely.