We weren't trying but now we're getting our hopes up..

Sammmantha26

Mommy to 4
Reaction score
So my boyfriend and I decided that me switching from Nexplanon to Nuvaring was best for me because I had started having side effects, but twice before I have gotten pregnant while on birth control pills..first time I was taking them every day but not at the exact same time, second time were different combo pills and I was taking them at the same time every day.. so birth control hasn't been too fool proof for me.

Anyway, the office I was going to to remove the Nexplanon had told me over the phone that I didn't need to use condoms because I was starting Nuvaring right away, but when I got there the dr said that was incorrect and they should have started me on Nuvaring a week before removing Nexplanon because it stops working right away and Nuvaring takes 7 days to start working..my boyfriend and I dtd almost every day at least once over this time and all the time so...what im trying to get at is that I think it's possible that I'm pregnant and I have been having symptoms of something and it's just driving me crazy thinking about it by myself, I was hoping to get some input.

I got the Nexplanon removed on Jan 7th, and of course have no idea what my cycle will do from here..but I've been having waves of nausea, random and unusual heartburn, very bad lower back pain (but that could be from my job), hot flashes and occasional chills, and ive been so irritable. Last week I almost quit my job just because of a little extra stress, and ive been feeling like crying much more frequently than usual..at least 5 times in the last week, as opposed to maybe 5 times in the last 2 years before this... I've also been cursed by the never ending cold/flu, over 2 weeks now..my boyfriend, my son, and my cousin all caught it from me and have gotten over it in about 3 days..

Then today I've noticed some smell aversions such as cigarettes, the dishwasher, and dry cat food, none of which typically is a problem.

I just don't know what to think, my friend tells me it's the birth control hormones but I don't know. I can't figure out when I should test because of the birth control and my cycle, I've tested already and gotten some BFNS but i know it was too early.. I would love some input :)

We were trying to prevent pregnancy because we're just not as financially ready as we would like to be, but now we're getting excited about the idea and sad from the BFNs..

Thanks!

Ohh I forgot to add, I got a yeast infection as well which is so unusual for me, and I noticed a stetchy mucus discharge here and there for a couple of days which looked just like small parts of a mucus plug.. If I'm not pregnant I will be very surprised...but when can I safely test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->