weak bladder TMI warning!

miss_geordie

Reaction score
:nope:my bladder has got a mind of its own :nope:

one min al be fine and the next im dying for the toilet and if i dont go there and then its too late and i leak. its a bit like a uti but my water samples have been clear and i have no pain. im only 24 and already im wearing tena lady daily. it doesnt happen all the time and its not a big wee, just the start of it, i cant keep it in. does anyone else have this? ive spoken to my midwife and she said im fine and just do pelvic floor excersises but i feel really awful at only being 24 and being incontinent, its embarrassing. :growlmad:

Apparently it happens to LOADS of women in the second tri and I'm sure since I've been in second tri forum this is the third thread about women wetting themselves. :blush: I think yours is actually tamer than the other two.

You have a baby pushing down on your pelvic floor making it saggy and weak. That why pelvic floor exercises are so important as the baby is just going to get heavier and heavier!!!! :wacko: But its sad because it only posts liek these nowadays that reminds me to SQUEEEEEEEZE mine!

this might be TMI... I didn't have to go to the bathroom...then I laughed and I wet myself. Good thing I had a pad on otherwise I would have soaked the couch!!!

OMG thank u, im not alone!!!!!!! its the worst thing ever, everywhere i do im scoping out the loos!!! funnily enoughy it seems worse when im in the house, i think some of it is psychological because when im out and about its not so bad. my partner has been fantastic but has lovingly nicknamed me pissypants!! i only hope it improves after the baby is born but then isnt bladder control meant to be worse...? there is no hope!!! lol x

I'm in your gang too. Even when i go to the loo without having got desperate first, there's a little dribble. OOh the glamour of pregnancy eh!!

Hup two three four, hold two three four, clench two three four....

:haha:

awww poor u jules....i totally sympathise. i was once walking home from the shop and suddenly needed to go....and promptly wet myself on the doorstep :( luckily id already stocked up on tena lady.

Hi honey :hugs:

Unfortunately I think that you are perfectly normal... It is only now (at least to me, but look at advertising for tena too - noticed the women advertising it getting younger and younger?) becoming more "recognised" that incontinence hits women at MUCH YOUNGER AGES. I don't think that it is hitting younger women, just that more are speaking out (on here and elsewhere). Advertisers are beginning to realise this, hence younger women advertising incontinence products...

Your MW is right - "Pelvic Floor Exercises": get on, do them, do them religiously, continue doing them after birth too (birth is very traumatic ont he whole pelvis and your bladder will suffer - so after birth it is even more important to rebuild up the muscles in that area). You may still get problems - despite doing pelvic floor exercises - but they WILL help. Things will be a lot worse without doing the exercises...

There is no "quick fix" for incontinence during pregnancy... later on (i.e. some time after birth) there are surgical things than can be done (like injecting, under general anaesthetic, silicon into that area to help tighten things up - my mother had that done a few years ago). BUT you REALLY want to try to resolve the problems yourself (i.e. by strengthening the muscles): surgery is not a great answer and may not be permanant either (ie you may need "top ups" ).

So the two most important things to take from this:
- Do you pelvic floor exercises religiously.
- You really are not alone: MANY, MANY pregnant women have similar problems (either at some stages of pregnancy and/or after birth). Personally my danger point is always sneezing :(

:hugs:

QT

I just feel like fluids go RIGHT THROUGH me!!! I take a sip of a drink then I'm like, "where is the bathroom, I'm going to have to pee in 5 minutes!"

Theres nothin to worry about seems normal to me. Im just over 19 week an iv been suffering badly since around 16 week.. Carnt hold for a second longer or i wet myself just like you said! Its horrible but i guess all the joys of having children :D x

haha QT i just sneezed and did a lil wee..... so i blame you for that love! hehehe (jk)
well that kind of said it all! i am right there with you darling! My hubby teases me when he makes me laugh and i say stop you will make me wee myself and he doesnt stop and then whoopsies!!! hehe, pregnacy is wonderfull isnt it!!! hehe :hugs:
xoxoxoxooxoxoxooxxoxoo

Thank u everyone i feel much better now :) funnily enough my midwife told me to drink more to keep my bladder and kidneys flushed out, which does seem like the worst possible thing to do but it makes sense to prevent UTIs.

come on ladies.....SSSSSQQQQQQQUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

My hubby teases me when he makes me laugh and i say stop you will make me wee myself and he doesnt stop and then whoopsies!!!

HAHAHA Thats what my OH does as well.....i dont think he realised i was being serious at first till i ran upstairs to change!:shrug:

haha QT i just sneezed and did a lil wee..... so i blame you for that love! hehehe (jk)

Eeeeek! Hopefully you will forgive me :hugs:

(Let's just hope that NONE of us get bad colds! :blush: ).

Miss_geordie, your MW is right - keep drinking to keep your bladder and kidneys flushed and healthy... just make sure you go to the WC regularly too (before things get desperate). AND lots of "squeezing" :hugs:

QT

seriously get squeezing - I was suffering a little a few weeks ago and then started doing the pelvic floor exercises about five times a day and its sooo much better the last week or so. hehehe ditto oh the glamour xxxxxxxxxx

haha was lying on the bed and hubby made me laugh that much and didnt realise i was being serious i went on the bed!!! 23 years old and wetting the bed! oh my gosh!!! i got caught in my body pillow and i dont feel as light and mobile as i used to be!!! sooo embarrising! and i feel my bladder is always soo full to squeeze doesnt feel like it is doing anything! (i kow it is but agh)
hehe xoxoox

Awww, don't worry it's something which a lot of us experience! My advice would be to really do the pelvic floor exercises at this point so that it won't get worse later in 3rd tri.

I had this problem from 2nd tri but I was not very committed with the exercises and it got a lot worse in 3rd tri! Now I have to wear a pad all the time because I have so many leaks and "little accidents". But don't worry, I think if you do the exercises (not like me, who was too lazy and is now regreting it!) it will improve, or at least not get worse.

I'm with you too...keep bursting for the loo and then going and doing a pathetic little dribble. Go back to doing what I was doing before, need to go again within five minutes, go and do a massive wee - there seems to be no pattern to it at all. And as for sneezing and laughing without a good old clench in advance and I'm stuffed...

I remember going supermarket shopping with OH and (after about 5 minutes) needing to go so badly that we had to find a toilet STRAIGHT AWAY. And uh, we didn't manage to find one quickly enough - imagine having a "little accident" in the supermarket at age 21!

I was really, really worried to tell my boyfriend... probably seems stupid, because generally I haven't been embarassed with him at all, but for some reason I just stand the thought of him knowing about this! And then one night I woke up and all the sheets were wet - I'd actually wet the bed completely, talk about embarassing! And I started to cry and apologize and OH just said "why didn't you tell me you were having this problem, it's nothing to be ashamed about!" and I felt really silly to have been worried about what he would think!!

Really, even the men can understand it's just something that affects alot of women during pregnancy!

Even when i go to the loo without having got desperate first, there's a little dribble.

Ugh I know!! I had a UTI and was given a prescription, it is cleared now according to the tests but OMG I have to go every 5 minutes and all that comes out is a trickle!

OY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"