weaning and lo cutting first feed right down?

LPF

Reaction score
Evan was switched to formula at 6 months and weaning started at about 5.5 months.

He was having 7/8oz at 7, 10.30ish, 2.30ish. Then about 11oz at 6.30 before bed (can never understand why he guzzles so much in one go!!) and a dream feed at 11pm of 5/6oz.

He has breakfast and tea atm - sometimes eats a bit, sometimes not.

Anyway, over the last week when he gets up he's never hungry and will snack on about 1-2oz at 7am-7.30am but then ravenously eats his breakfast at 8am! All the other feeds have stayed the same.

We tried dropping the dream feed but he just wakes in the night for it instead and is still the same in the morning.

I'm tempted to just give him his breakfast at 7-7.30am instead but worried about him cutting a whole milk feed. Also when he starts nursery he will have breakfast there at 8am so worried about changing that routine?

I tend to put cows milk in his cereal because he's always had plenty of formula - 40oz ish before, 30/32oz now.

Any advice? not sure what to do or if its actually ok!

It sounds like he's having plenty of milk without that early morning feed (after all he's only taking 1-2 oz's from what you've said). I don't think it'll make any difference if you drop it and go straight to breakfast. He makes up for it the rest of the day.

That said, if you remain worried about it you could always make him porridge or cereal with 4/5oz's of milk?? Or offer milk with his breakfast? I don't reckon there's a problem though...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->