weaning at 5 months 3 weeks

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by dollygirlie, Sep 2, 2009.

1. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

I decided to start weaning my little girl at 5 months 3 weeks, started her off with 3 dessert spoons of cereal at 10am in the morning along with 6 5oz bottles of formula a day, I have started to increase to 3 dessert spoons of baby food at 4pm in the afternoon.

I have noticed a change in her behaviour, she is screaming more often, is it because she could be in pain with her tummy, or not eating enough? She leaves a couple of ounces of her milk now and again, I havn't a clue whether to increase her meals to 3 a day.

am I underfeeding or rushing her?

I have had to keep her on soya milk, as she gets incredibly windy, could this have something to do with it

2. mommyof3co

mommyof3co Mommy of 4 amazing boys!

It might not be agreeing with her. Maybe try some oatmeal instead and see how she does with it. Or even just go onto some veggies instead...avocado or orange veggies are great to start off with, you don't have to do cereal, especially if it seems to be bothering her

Her and my 2nd son share a bday :)

3. tasha41

tasha41 Mum & Dad + 1

Elyse didn't do very well with rice cereal.. it was iron-fortified and I found it to be hard on her tummy (caused gas).

She did much better with barley & oatmeal cereals.. then sweet potatoes and peas :)

4. dollygirlie

dollygirlie Mother

thanks for the posts, shall try her on an alternative breakfast from tomorrow morning :)