Weaning - baby led?

coco25

Reaction score
My LO is only 15 weeks and I'm in no hurry to wean him but just interested for the future. What have you done? If you did baby led weaning why? and did it work well for you? How did you start and did you follow a book or just using own ideas?

If you didn't do baby led weaning did you start with baby rice or can you start with veg purees? How well did it work?

Would love to hear your experiences
Thanks!

I heard snippets about BLW from here and ordered "the bible" (Baby Led Weaning by Gill Rapley) and found that I agreed so much with what was said and it made so much sense to me. After that, I knew it was definately the route for us.

As for how successful, depends how you measure success. She loves food, there's no battles at meal times, she's gaining weight well and is still very content and happy. As for how much she actually eats? I have no idea but she's more than capable of eating most things offered to her but not all the time she's interested.

We're doing BLW in a couple of weeks because he loves being involved with us and keeps grabbing at our plates and stuff. I think he'd be a lot happier doing it himself than being spoon fed and I let him dictate everything else so why should this be different?

I started off on baby rice and purees at 5 1/2 months on the advice of my GP because Aisling wasn't gaining weight. I personally found it quite stressful constantly having to come up with different puree recipes, finding the time to prepare and freeze them, make sure I had the right ingredients in etc. And it didn't make any difference to her weight gain! :dohh:

I had always intended to do BLW so at about 7 months swapped over completely after dabbling for a month. Now mealtimes are really enjoyable, there's no battles, I'm much less stressed and Aisling's really enjoying it. And she's now putting on weight because she's a monster when it comes to her food! :thumbup:

I'm doing BLW, too. I just like the idea of how stress free it is. That and what it encourages in the LOs. Get the book and read it if you are interested! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->