Weaning = Constipation?!

starrybean

Proud Mom of One
Reaction score
My lo has been really consipated since weaning, she is having a BM daily but is really stuggling... any ideas to help!? I've been giving her pear in the morning to try and help and I know to stay away from bananas but she is 5 1/2 months so a bit young for oranges/prunes. I'm also trying to get more water into her to try and help!

I would stay away from stodgy stuff like porridge

I gave my LO prune puree with her porridge every morning since we started weaning at 23 weeks, a tea spoon is enough. Offering some water at meal times can help aswell.

Thanks ladies :)

Lozzy, what kind of prunes do you buy?! Tinned?! Or can you get them fresh?

I get tinned in juice. My HV said most of the time tinned and frozen is fresher than "fresh" fruit.

Ah ok thanks chick! Was just having a look online and I think I might cut her food back a little as she is eating well - although drinking well too! I'll try to get more water into her and will give the prunes a go too!

Oh and a couple of questions...

Do you cook the tinned prunes?! Like steam them or anything? And can you freeze the puree?!

You dont need to cook them, just drain the juice, take the stones out and puree. Yes you can freeze it, i freeze in teaspoon size portions and just take them out when i need it.

You dont need to cook them, just drain the juice, take the stones out and puree. Yes you can freeze it, i freeze in teaspoon size portions and just take them out when i need it.

Thank you so much for all your help - its appreciated! :thumbup: Will pick some up to keep in incase we need it :thumbup:

I posted a thread about this! I have to disguise :haha: mashed up apricot/plums/pears and put them on apple rice cakes and she loves them! She won't eat fruit on it's own, i also tried to get her to drink some water but as she has a doidy she kind of laps from it lmao and doesn't really end up with any in her mouth x

I posted a thread about this! I have to disguise :haha: mashed up apricot/plums/pears and put them on apple rice cakes and she loves them! She won't eat fruit on it's own, i also tried to get her to drink some water but as she has a doidy she kind of laps from it lmao and doesn't really end up with any in her mouth x

Lol, the things we do eh!! Do those fruits work for her?!

Yes! This was my thread https://www.babyandbump.com/weaning-nutrition/626975-foods-constipation.html i also had to syringe her pure orange juice as she wouldn't drink it diluted out of her bottle lol! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->