Weaning from BF with lemon juice?

I'm confused Ryder? She didn't say SHE was trying this she said a friend told her about weaning that way...she never mentioned she was going to do it or even thinking about it? No one is judging her

sorry just seemed like alot of negativity... like everything involved with breastfeeding.

Im not the only one who thought she was being judged if you read the other posts.

I didn't see anyone else say we were judging her, some did say that they thought people were being harsh BUT we aren't talking about anyone here actually doing it, we aren't judging Karen, like I said she never said she was doing it?

I think it's a little uncalled for to say everything with breastfeeding is negative. If that's how you feel why do you post in the breastfeeding section if it's all about negativity? Come on there is tons of support in this section, if we thought she was doing this herself I think the people who said they didn't think it was right to do it would have offered other options, or atleast I would have, I just don't agree with doing it this way, not judging.

Thanks Ryder.
Just wanted to know if anyone tried this. Yes,I have tried all other approaches and was actually told by another BF mom that this was her last resort. I havent tried it myself. Just looking out for any options or advice

If conventional ways of weaning arn't working I dont think this is cruel by any means. Trying to wean an older toddler from nursing and co-sleeping just gets harder and harder the older they get.

Your boobs arn't what comforts your child. The bond and loving relationship you have with them is their comfort.

Don't agree. Think as child gets older its easier to wean them from the breast.My boobs did comfort my 4 children. They often had a 'comfort' feed.
I never thought the OP was doing this with her toddler. She asked for opinions on a method someone had told her about!!!

I haven't seen other posts by you, that I remember off the top of my head and weaning, so I'm not sure if you have tried this. And BTW sorry if I offended you with my post, my impression of the thread was just a discussion on that way of weaning, not you looking for advice or doing it yourself.

Have you tried picking just one feeding a day and replacing that one at a time, distract him and only offer other milk/water..whatever substitute you are using at that time and do not give in. As much as he gets upset you just have to stick your ground, still cuddle and all that but only offer the other drink. We had to do this with hayden at 15mo because we both had horrible thrush for over a month and I was so sore and needed nighttime to heal and he was still nursing a few times through the night. It was really hard at first, and having Mark there to help made it alot easier because if I was right there he wasn't taking anything else but if Mark was the one that got up with him instead it made it alot easier on both of us. But once you get that one feeding gone pick another and slowly cut down that way?

I haven't heard of it, but its an interesting approach for a last resort. Good for you for breastfeeding this long, I hope I can say I have in 1+ yrs. I wouldn't say its cruel, if you really feel like you are ready to wean, and you have tried other options, it may work for you. My mom constantly tried to wean my sister and eventually at 21 months, started refusing her the breast. I cant imagine what could be harder than that, so the lemon juice might work. Also, just to add, Erica LOVES lemons. When I have lemon in my water she begs me for it and eats it. Its food, its not like you are putting hot sauce or something inedible on them. Congrats on making it this far, and on your upcoming arrival. :D

I did resort to using lemon juice when weaning my son. He was 2 1/2 and I was totally ready to end nursing. If it were up to him, he'd probably still be nursing now at 3 1/2. I needed to end nursing so that I could have surgery on my eyes that they wouldn't do until I was finished plus I really wanted my body back to myself by then! It was totally last resort and I don't think it was cruel at all. It took me from the time he was 18 months until then to get him down to 1 nighttime feeding and we couldn't break that last feeding until I tried the lemon juice. With the lemon juice he just kept telling me the milk had gone bad and after a while he stopped trying. I made sure to spend plenty of time cuddling with him so he didn't feel rejected. (My mother said she used grapefruit rind 30 years ago to wean my sister at 2 years old) Honestly It was the right decision for us. I didn't really want to post this and feel judged but I thought that you should have an opinion from someone that did end up doing this.

I think it is really rude and harsh for all of you to sit here and judge Karen. Her son is well old enough to get his nutrition without nursing and she has a new baby arriving very shortly.

If conventional ways of weaning arn't working I dont think this is cruel by any means. Trying to wean an older toddler from nursing and co-sleeping just gets harder and harder the older they get.

Your boobs arn't what comforts your child. The bond and loving relationship you have with them is their comfort.

boobs are very much what comfort my child.. they are not just for feeding.

I think Tabs would just ignore it :lol: I dont think its mean but i love eating lemons :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->