Weaning off bottles

b4baby

Mommy to DD and DS
Reaction score
So they say you should wean of bottles at 12 months so I've been thinking about it lately. She only has milk in it but I got into a nasty habit of her having a bottle to go to sleep. So now I don't know how to put her down without having a bottle iykwim.
Did you wean at 12 months or after? Or before?
Any advice

My eldest weaned herself off the bottle. She was about 18months old and gradually she starting taking less and less at the bedtime feed then she started saying no milk when offered. I didn't stress about it as it was only one bottle and only ever had milk in it x

We ditched the bottles at 12 months and haven't looked back! :) Lucas had other drinks from his sippy cup anyway, I'd have given him his formula in them too but it was so much easier to figure out measurements in bottles, and it was easier to sterilise them.

I think I'd tackle the bedtime bottle first, have you tried putting your LO to bed without it? You might find that she takes to it really well. If that doesn't go down so well maybe you could replace it with water, atleast then it's a bit better for her teeth and perhaps you could give less and less each night/start giving it to her before she goes down for the night rather than letting her take it to bed with her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->