Weaning off of Lexapro...

mlesfink

Reaction score
Lexapro is a schedule C, so when we decided to TTC, I knew I would have to wean off. I could have chosen to switch to another less harmful anti-anxiety medication, but in my last pregnancy, I was totally cool without one. New meds are hit and miss with me and I don't want to take the chance.

Soooo, now for the vent-like sob story! I feel horrible! Flu symptoms, foggy head, upset stomach, aching body, just feelin' plain old nutzo right now. I'm starting to want to give up on even trying to try at this point.

The stupidest thing is that withdrawal and OV/preg symptoms are similar - so I can't even focus on the baby stuff!

Has anyone had to do this before? How long am I going to feel Charlie Sheen crazy for??

Bump...going through lexapro withdrawals and af is 4 days late.

I have been through it, though we weren't TTC at the time, and I feel for you! I was miserable for over a week. After doing research I found that a lot of people have compared the withdrawal symptoms to those of heroin! Ever since then (2 years ago now) I am adamant on not taking any more medications for my anxiety disorder/stress/etc.

I've found that exercising (specifically jogging for me) helps TREMENDOUSLY with my moods. It's amazing stress relief, and gives me a reason to get out of the house and listen to some music.

If you ever want to chat, just send a message my way. :)

Edit- I forgot to mention I stopped cold turkey, I didn't wean off of it.

Thank hun! I am on week 4 or 5 I think? Still feeling the little electronic pulses, but also feel less crazy...so that's a good thing!

Thank hun! I am on week 4 or 5 I think? Still feeling the little electronic pulses, but also feel less crazy...so that's a good thing!

Any improvement is an improvement! :thumbup:

I haaaaaaated those!!

haaaaa! The only problem is my thought to speech filter is GONE! I'm just blurting things out all over the place!

I feel for you. I was on Lexapro for about 8 months to help me get thru my divorce. I weened off it about a year ago. I felt horrible for months. The electric pulses were the worst! It was such a horrible feeling. I also gained quite a bit of weight when I went off. I went off the pill 2 months ago, NTNP, and I have been feeling anxiety again, not sure if that is an effect of going off BCP, and I'm afraid to take Xanax for it cause I'm hoping for a BFP!
Good luck to you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->