Weaning on to cows milk

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
Just wondering who weaned their LO onto cows milk at one? How did you do it... Did you do it gradual or just switch straight away? Did you LO have any problems taking to it??

Thanks!

Hi hun, we started introducing cow milk as a drink at 11.5 months, Omar didnt like it at 1st, so we started mixing it with his formula 50-50, then we started to reduce the amount of formula until he started tot ake cow milk only. He still drinks toddlers milk & cow milk as he's a fussy eater. You can start by offering him cow 1-2 oz of cow milk at the same temp of his formula & see how it goes, if he drinks it with no problems, you start replacing feeds xx

still stuggling with this.

I breastfeed and wanted to introduce milk while I am at work. After a month he takes 1-2ozs at best. I just started giving it a little warmed up in a sippy but found he prefered to drink from an open cup to mimic us.

He prefers 1-2% which his grandpa tried one day for fun but i know he is supposed to have 3%. I am now wondering if it matters that much since he still nurses 4-5times a day. If he takes way more 1-2% and no 3% maybe i should try that?

that said like everything else you will probably try a couple different thing before you find one that works best for your LO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->