weaning recipes..

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
hey guys what foods can i batch make and freeze(as cheap as possible please!!! very tight month for me this month :()

wot kinda veg can be frozen?? and fruit!

In my freezer, I currently have cubes of:

Sweet potato
Butternut Squash
Carrot
Carrot and Parsnip
Broccoli
Caulifower Cheese

And Apple and Pear for puddings!

I went a bit mad last week when I bought a new blender!!!! :lol:

They all freeze and defrost really well - although I have to add a bit of cooled boiled water to the sweet potato when it's thawed as it seems to go a bit thick.

I've just done some sweet potato, carrot and apple (seperately, not together) Root veg is dirt cheap!

I think the only REAL no-no's are things like banana (goes black) and papaya, but they are easy enough to mush anyway.

You can cook and puree up frozen veg (like peas) and re-freeze, but never defrost and refreeze your meals.

Spices like a touch of cinnamon added to apples makes them a bit more interesting, and you can combine most fruit with fruit and veg with veg. :D

OOOPs, just realised you didn;t say for babs! Did you mean for the whole family?

most veg carrots sude borrical turnips pots fruit can be puree then frozen in to ice cude trays i.e pears apples bananas strawberry rasberry

u sound like u have it much covered with what u haev cude already

Iwantone!!! said:
most veg carrots sude borrical turnips pots fruit can be puree then frozen in to ice cude trays i.e pears apples bananas strawberry rasberry

u sound like u have it much covered with what u haev cude already

bananas cant they go all black :sick:

what abot fruits like peaches and plums? also can u use tinned fruits :oops: sorry for all the questions just trying 2 save few pennies guys :D

no if u freeze them when they are ripe purree them then freeze

Minxy said:
I've just done some sweet potato, carrot and apple (seperately, not together) Root veg is dirt cheap!

I think the only REAL no-no's are things like banana (goes black) and papaya, but they are easy enough to mush anyway.

You can cook and puree up frozen veg (like peas) and re-freeze, but never defrost and refreeze your meals.

Spices like a touch of cinnamon added to apples makes them a bit more interesting, and you can combine most fruit with fruit and veg with veg. :D

heard this 4m a few people :D

Banana defo go minging and black i did realise and i tryed it the other week apple and banana it went minging

It is best to freeze bananas when VERY ripe,thanks as I do it all the time and they are lovely.

DO NOT freeze strawberries (they lose flavour) unless you have made a jux or coulis (just asked my mum and she is a Al a carte chef) although Raspberries are usually made into this and freeze lovely.

If things a but tight this month then go get some pots and veg cook up and freeze how old is babe can he have stews yet (obvs baby one's) I would do a huge pot or fish pie? These freeze great. I have some good recipes somewhere will dig out or get back on phone to mum :wink: she thinks I am nuts as my babe not here yet so will explain why I am asking,lol

Carrots,
Parsnips
am trying to think off top of head not easy for me at moment,lol

Hope ok
Bex.x

right fish is out,not recomended til 8-9 months

just read Not to freeze Bananas for babies so I was wrong in first instance! :oops:

Right got one here

Carrot and Cauliflower Puree

Cook 50g/2oz carrots scarped and sliced in boiling water for 20 mins til soft
After 10 mins add 175g/6oz cauli florets
drain veg and puree (mash with masher if he can take lumps and havent got a mouli-nex)

stir in 2 Tbsp of baby milk

you can mix and match the above say Broccoli with Cauli
or Potato.courgette and green beans they would be nice

Will give load of recipes when I get the book out i have.

Take care bex

so far have made....

potato
carrot
carrot and swede

apple
pear
apple and pear!!!

go me!!!!

Wayhay!! Great isn't it?

My freezer is full of 'icle cubes in bags!! :shock: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread