Weaning to cups

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
When should I start actively trying to get Violet to take milk from a cup and not a bottle?

I keep hearing that they should be off bottles as soon as possible etc etc but not sure how I'd go about it..? She has water in her sippy cup fine but none of her cups are big enough for the amount of milk she has lol

It's a subject I don't know much about and just hear little snippets so not really sure what the deal is....

Thanks x

I want to get Freya off bottles as early as I can, the recommended age is a year, I would like her to be off them by then.

I will be keeping an eye on this as I am not sure how to go about starting it either, she will drink water fine out of her open top doidy cup, but as you say, it is not big enough for all her milk.

Plus Freya has loads of milk, and I am not getting her a cup in the night, lol, so there are some feeds to be dropped before we do anything I guess, which won't happen for a while yet.

I asked my HV about this the other week, as I'd read you should get them off bottles by a year. She played this down, saying, 'oh she'll probably still want one first thing in the morning, and at bedtime'... so I'm confused. I don't want Ruby drinking from bottles longer than is necessary.

Ruby isn't great at drinking out of the Doidy and it is very messy so I am reluctant to even try getting her off bottles until she is drinking confidently out of that. So I'll wean her off bottles when that happens I guess. Maybe by then, the volume of milk will be lower as well, as they wean from filling up on milk to filling up on solids, and then the cup size won't be an issue.

I do have an Amadeus cow cup that holds 9oz btw...just that Ruby won't drink from it.

Once i take bottles away thats it for me its recommended at 1 year i personally think thats a good age my SIL kid is 2 and still has a bottle and everything i make my babes one he looks at me like its for him and i feel bad for him that hes 2 yo and still is on a bottle

See, that's what I really don't want.

I guess once she has less milk and it fits into her cup, that'd be a good time. I would like her off bottles as soon as though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->